Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Being the daughter of a breast cancer survivor (Hooray for my Mom, an 18+ year survivor!) she often reminds me (NAGS me!) about getting my mammograms on time! And although I couldn't find any specific program in a Google search, I have always heard about the idea that you should have a good friend who is your reminder'er.... someone who makes sure you get your mammogram done, and you remind her, too! Someone who reminds you to do your monthly checks, and vice versa. So for my challenge today, I just want us to focus on friendship and this dreaded disease that unfortunately strikes way too many! Make a card that incorporates pink and ribbon, with a friendship theme!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Tammy, what a wonderful theme, friendship!
For today's Hope You Can Cling To Challenge, friendship- I made this card, using SU's Thoroughly Thankful and Cute By the Inch. I added some orange and green fabric from a girlfriend, and so the Creative Imaginations' Getting Real DP was the ticket. I added some American Crafts striped raspberry ribbon, a pink stretch lace bow, and finished with some daisy edging from my Fiskars border punch.
Here's my card: HYCCT1110 Always thankful for you by Crafty Julia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
Great combination for this challenge. Here is my friend card for HYCCT1110. I used scraps from other HYCCT cards for the background for plenty of pink. The ribbon flowers were colored with Distress Stain Spun Sugar. I'm sending five of these cards. Thanks, Debby
Here is a link to my card Friendly Thoughts