Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Things Are Lookin' Up
Hostess: Bridget Finlay (bfinlay)
Date: Sunday, October 9, 2011
"HOPE" makes me think of looking up and to the future! The dictionary says it's looking forward with expectation! And things ARE lookin' up for the future - survival rates are better than ever before and research is bringing better and more effective treatments on the scene! Our challenge today is to make a card with things we can see when lookin' up! Let your creativity run loose with butterflies, birds, bees, ladybugs, balloons, airplanes, clouds, sky, stars, sun, rainbows, sunsets, mountains...you get the idea! I hope you're enjoying all the HOPE challenges - looking forward to seeing your creations!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To GalleryHERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge ThreadHERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
For today's Hope You Can Cling to Challenge, Things Are Lookin' Up, I stamped a mountain scene, complete with sheep and cows on a beautiful sunny day. I added some flowery ribbon for the meadow floor. Have a great sunday!
I made a sky scene for HYCCT1109 and had a blast. I'm posting the same day as the challenge. What a great feeling. I'm sending five of these cards. Thanks, Debby
Here is a link to my card Dreams Take Flight
I so enjoyed reading your thoughts, Bridget, and the theme for your challenge! My element of looking up are my birds in the wind. Here's my card A Flair for Music ....thanks for the challenge, Bridget!
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4