Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Hang in There!
Hostess: Wanda Cullen (cullenwr)
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2011
What a special month to focus on sending some love to all the special people fighting the cancer battle! My challenge is to create a card or 3-D project with a hanging image (i.e., ornament, stocking, etc.) or a hanging element (i.e., charm). Pink isn't mandatory, but extra points if you use it!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
A big THANK YOU to Betty Wright and Teresa Kline for helping me with samples!
For today's Hope You Can Cling To Challenge, Hang in There!, I used my mini stamps from Stampin Up- a heart, a duck, a leaf, and a pumpkin, stamped on DC tags from Fiskars, sewn with embroidery floss to a DC mat by Kimemories. I put a DC figure of a lady sewing to the right, and a little square of muslin backed swirly material for an accent. The Ribbon is from American Crafts.
Have a great weekend! Here's my card:
This was a really fun challenge and got me to try something new. I made a rotating cutout for HYCCT1108. The center label rotates to show a greeting or a stamped image held in place with embroidery floss. It was something I had seen, but never done. I'm sending five of these cards. Thanks, Debby
Here is a link to my card for both sides Spinning Gems Side ASpinning Gems Side B
Sorry Wanda, but this is the first challenge I've missed. I just couldn't get my brain around a concept for a card with something hanging. I have a few bits of ideas, but they haven't come together. I'll try to catch up later in the month, ok? I'm going to miss a whole bunch in the middle of the month and don't know if I'll be able to catch up with them all by the deadline (Nov. 7th?).
I sure am enjoying all the challenges and the beautiful cards in the galleries though.
__________________ Val (a/k/a Greywolf)
Proud Fan Club Member