Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title:HOPE~Having Only Paper Embellishments
Hostess: Sewsplendidstamper AKA Victoria
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2011
HOPE. We all need it. We all need to share it. Share some hope today with your card made solely of paper. Yep, no ribbon, no buttons, no brads, no bling.
BUT, if you can make it out of paper you can use it. Paper flower? Perfect! Paper buttons? Go for it! Or just keep it simple.
You may color your images and use ink in any way you see fit.
Happy stamping. Thank you for joining my challenge.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
LOVE the acronym! I enjoyed making this card! I think I will make a few more...but I would like to get a better stem stamp...I had to mask the leaves etc etc....to get just the right amount of stem and in the end...I am not sure the stems even look very good!
So are we allowed use Glossy Accents on our paper embellishments? I keep thinking of things like faux brads, and I'd give paper beads another shot (except that I'd need twine or something to attach those, so maybe not...).