Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Splitcoast Artist in Residence Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Challenge Title: REAL Men Wear PINK!
Hostess: Dina K. (aka dini)
Date: Monday, October 3rd, 2011
It’s encouraging to see men getting involved in promoting breast cancer awareness by wearing pink during the month of October. They're reminding men and women to talk to their doctors about breast cancer and the importance of the yearly mammogram. Breast cancer affects every one of us somehow. (And though the occurrence of breast cancer is 100x greater in women, did you know that men can get breast cancer too?)
In honor of the men who stand behind the women in their lives…
Create a masculine card with PINK on it somewhere.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive! HUGE thanks to Anna (SweetMissDaisy) and Jeanne (Jeanne S) for helping me out with samples!