In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #2561
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
Jeanne S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Poofville
Posts: 51,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Oh my werd my six year old just shined a flashlight into his ear and asked DH if his eyes were lighting up. SMH
Sounds like a normal boy thing.
__________________
Jeanne S - Inky Paws
SCS Moderator
Jeanne S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #2562
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped nuts (optional) (I like pecans, but walnuts, macadamia, etc will work.)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl (I use my KitchenAid mixer bowl), cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. (Do NOT overcook! Cookies will continue cooking a bit when removed from the pan. I let mine sit in the pan for a couple minutes then transfer to a plate, but you can cool them on a fine wire rack, too.)
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #2563
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,427
Default

Congrats to the newest winners....WOW!

I'm back now...Lydia, are you announcing winners tomorrow too?
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #2564
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understandblue View Post
BAHAHAHAH OMGGGG this is GREAT!!!! That is hilarious. I'd love to see the cats' reaction!!
omg! that would be flippin' me out.
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #2565
Hardware Hotshot
 
vdoyle8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 4,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped nuts (optional) (I like pecans, but walnuts, macadamia, etc will work.)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl (I use my KitchenAid mixer bowl), cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. (Do NOT overcook! Cookies will continue cooking a bit when removed from the pan. I let mine sit in the pan for a couple minutes then transfer to a plate, but you can cool them on a fine wire rack, too.)
Melissa! Bless your heart -- thank you for taking the time to type that out! I may just give these a try tomorrow, in spite of the fact that I just started Weight Watchers for like the gazillionth time.
__________________
Vicki
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper

my gallery
vdoyle8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #2566
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
fionna51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 10,256
Default

I'm bummed I missed all the chatter tonight. DH and I watched Runaway Jury. Can't do two things at once with that one! Then I needed to get the CAS favorites thread up...and catch up on something like 15 pages of posts here. Now it is truly bedtime.

Congrats to all the winners and I'll be back tomorrow after our church thanksgiving dinner. See ya!

And Lee...we need an iron chef smilie...is there one???
__________________
Diane
Quiltzi...High Plains Member of Punchkateerz
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
fionna51 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #2567
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Planning our son's Spring wedding!
Posts: 66,887
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Nope, no Iron Chef...but Hell's Kitchen yes!

LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #2568
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Planning our son's Spring wedding!
Posts: 66,887
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Ok, I need a clickythingytorchyhotblower.....you know the kind you sizzle the sugar on creme brulee with???? I had a small one I got years ago and it never worked well. Any suggestions???

LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #2569
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Ok, I need a clickythingytorchyhotblower.....you know the kind you sizzle the sugar on creme brulee with???? I had a small one I got years ago and it never worked well. Any suggestions???

Did you try BBB? That's where we got our kit at to make the brulees?
Creme Brulee Torch Set - Bed Bath & Beyond
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #2570
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Planning our son's Spring wedding!
Posts: 66,887
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Yeah...that's the one we had....and it never worked well.
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #2571
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,427
Default

We only used ours a few times....
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #2572
Die Cut Diva
 
Makalah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
Congrats to the newest winners....WOW!

I'm back now...Lydia, are you announcing winners tomorrow too?
I believe she said around 7 pm CST tomorrow.

ps. the mouse that i mentioned earlier came back tonight for more teasing of my cats. poor things are just staring outside, waiting for him to return. kinda like all of us waiting for more prize announcements, right?
Makalah is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #2573
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalah View Post
I believe she said around 7 pm CST tomorrow.

ps. the mouse that i mentioned earlier came back tonight for more teasing of my cats. poor things are just staring outside, waiting for him to return. kinda like all of us waiting for more prize announcements, right?
Thank you for letting me know. I couldn't handle the mouse thingy...no thanks.

It's like we're all haunting the CHATTER thread to see the announcements.
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #2574
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 475
Heart

OMG, 6 pages filled while I have been to a SU card morning and a statue of David Unveiling and lunch...

Congrats to the new winners since then....

I dont think I can give chicken scratches kisses, but hugs and angel kisses to you all...

Squirrels... you girls be funny LOL we dont get them here, but my sister and I had the funniest encounter with one in NY when we went to get on the Statue of Liberty ferry.... there was one foraging with his back to us, and us all "OMG OMG a squirrel, get its photo ooooh aaagghhh OMG!!" ya get the idea.... we followed it and it kept its back to us, until we packed our cameras away and it promptly turned around, got up on its back legs, gave us stick eye and went OFF at us!

love that cheeky one who used the wrapper for a roof... smart as!

Makalah you crack me up! Love that cat and mouse photo! I have a cat like that one too... his name is Brutus

What on earth are hubbies getting up at 4, 5 and 6am... better make breaky then LOL, wash the floors, run a hot bath, do some ironing...

Learnt kettlecorn = popcorn but I wont teach you what a fanny is in Australia

Love love the choc chip cookie (biscuit) lol recipe and the kale soup without chorizo

Boys with flashlights lol... thats too funny... and playing BF GF....

well... 7pm central then is that the plan? hmmm I think thats 10am here on Monday... very civilised

but I have the whole night to wait.... its only 5.10pm *taps fingers, strokes nervous eye tic*
Ros Booth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #2575
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
 
dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 9,783
Default

Well, somebody has to take the night shift! Hope you had a good Sunday. I'm getting ready to roll out some pizza dough for dinner.
__________________
Dina K.
Mama Dini's Stamperia dkdesigns art stamps

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh


dini is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #2576
Stampin' Fool
 
melissa59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
My dd is out with a boy and my dh is having a heart attack over it!
Here's a t-shirt you may want to buy your hubby for Christmas. It would have been PERFECT for my dad! LOL

DADD - DADS AGAINST DAUGHTERS DATING. SHOOT THE FIRST ONE AND THE WORD WILL SPREAD T-SHIRT
__________________
2012 goals: cards 4/52; pages 10/24
Join me here: 2012 Stamp / Scrap on a Budget
melissa59 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #2577
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 49,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjen View Post
I want to know who submitted 56 cards!
I'm still working my way through the sixteen or so pages of posts since I went to bed last night - (that's got to be more than any night last year!!) but that was me .
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #2578
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
 
dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 9,783
Default

I just figured out how to figure it out and was going to come and say it was you...! That is awesome. Thank you so much!!

You have a crazy amount of comments too, Sabrina!
__________________
Dina K.
Mama Dini's Stamperia dkdesigns art stamps

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh


dini is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #2579
Crimping Master
 
hollerinastamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
I'm still working my way through the sixteen or so pages of posts since I went to bed last night - (that's got to be more than any night last year!!) but that was me .
I knew you were up there with the cards, Sabrina!
__________________
~Holly
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4
come visit My Gallery
hollerinastamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:46 AM   #2580
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
Ksnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: in my own little PINK sparkly world
Posts: 12,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
Here's a t-shirt you may want to buy your hubby for Christmas. It would have been PERFECT for my dad! LOL

DADD - DADS AGAINST DAUGHTERS DATING. SHOOT THE FIRST ONE AND THE WORD WILL SPREAD T-SHIRT
MWAAAHAAAA!!! OMG!!! This is hysterical....My dad raised 6 daughters and everyone in town (read teen-age boys) knew he kept a gun in the truck and if the daughter wasn't home by 15 min after curfew he would be out on the streets......he would have so loved that shirt....
__________________
~~~~Sheri~~~~

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Ksnurse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:49 AM   #2581
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
Ksnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: in my own little PINK sparkly world
Posts: 12,031
Default

Oh Lydia, we're up.....are you? LOL!!
__________________
~~~~Sheri~~~~

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Ksnurse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #2582
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 475
Default

oh Dini, awesome, you are a night shift gal... yay!! lol @ Sheri
Ros Booth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 AM   #2583
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
 
dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 9,783
Default

Just here though! I couldn't stay up late to save my life.
__________________
Dina K.
Mama Dini's Stamperia dkdesigns art stamps

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh


dini is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 AM   #2584
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 49,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
Mmmm....I have a choc. chip cookie recipe that uses instant vanilla pudding. Makes them nice and chewy, not all flat and crispy.
You don't like crispy . Crispy is my ideal choc chip cookie.

Slowly working my way through the thread!!
Someone was saying about squirrels likely being affected this winter. I know that for us quite a lot of first brood baby birds didn't survive this year because there weren't enough flies and insects around after our weird weather. Our main squirrel problem here is that the greys have almost totally extinguished the native reds, .
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #2585
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 49,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Ok, I need a clickythingytorchyhotblower.....you know the kind you sizzle the sugar on creme brulee with???? I had a small one I got years ago and it never worked well. Any suggestions???

I picked mine up in TK Maxx - that's TJ for you, isn't it?
It seems to work ok, although as DH isn't much into brulée it gets more use for scorching bell peppers to skin them, LOL.
I remember a few years back listening to a regular radio programme for blind people, and the presenter was trying out a blowtorch on a brulée. There was an insane amount of feedback complaining about how dangerous that was.
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #2586
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 49,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros Booth View Post

Squirrels... you girls be funny LOL we dont get them here, but my sister and I had the funniest encounter with one in NY when we went to get on the Statue of Liberty ferry.... there was one foraging with his back to us, and us all "OMG OMG a squirrel, get its photo ooooh aaagghhh OMG!!" ya get the idea.... we followed it and it kept its back to us, until we packed our cameras away and it promptly turned around, got up on its back legs, gave us stick eye and went OFF at us!
Do you not have deer either? When my Australian nieces were here we took them for a walk in the local park, which has a herd of deer. The first one they saw their hands were shaking so much with excitement that all their pictures came out shaky .

Congratulations to all the winners so far. Especially the breadwinners , the last release was amazing!! I covet that window die.
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #2587
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 58,780
Default

are we having creme brulee for breakfast??? Just popping in before church!
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #2588
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 475
Heart

lol @ Sabrina.... no not in the wild like you do... we have a deer park near here, they are like a roaming zoo and you can drive thriugh and they come up to the car for the food you feed them.... terribly exciting for us Ozzies...

we have dingoes, tasmanian tigers, snakes, lizards... um did I mention SNAKES.... salty's (big bugger crocodiles), sharks are becoming an issue where I live (3 deaths in my state in last 2 months, 2 in last month here in Perth ) stingers, spiders... oh and those pesky snakes LOL

oh but we do have koalas and kangaroos
Ros Booth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #2589
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Ok, I need a clickythingytorchyhotblower.....you know the kind you sizzle the sugar on creme brulee with???? I had a small one I got years ago and it never worked well. Any suggestions???

get a blow torch from the hardware store. You'd most likely use it more often for lots of things that way.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Walking in my SIXTH Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Help me reach my goal.
sewsplendidstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #2590
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros Booth View Post
OMG, 6 pages filled while I have been to a SU card morning and a statue of David Unveiling and lunch...

Congrats to the new winners since then....

I dont think I can give chicken scratches kisses, but hugs and angel kisses to you all...

Squirrels... you girls be funny LOL we dont get them here, but my sister and I had the funniest encounter with one in NY when we went to get on the Statue of Liberty ferry.... there was one foraging with his back to us, and us all "OMG OMG a squirrel, get its photo ooooh aaagghhh OMG!!" ya get the idea.... we followed it and it kept its back to us, until we packed our cameras away and it promptly turned around, got up on its back legs, gave us stick eye and went OFF at us!

love that cheeky one who used the wrapper for a roof... smart as!

Makalah you crack me up! Love that cat and mouse photo! I have a cat like that one too... his name is Brutus

What on earth are hubbies getting up at 4, 5 and 6am... better make breaky then LOL, wash the floors, run a hot bath, do some ironing...

Learnt kettlecorn = popcorn but I wont teach you what a fanny is in Australia

Love love the choc chip cookie (biscuit) lol recipe and the kale soup without chorizo

Boys with flashlights lol... thats too funny... and playing BF GF....

well... 7pm central then is that the plan? hmmm I think thats 10am here on Monday... very civilised

but I have the whole night to wait.... its only 5.10pm *taps fingers, strokes nervous eye tic*
Is an Aussie fanny the same as a British fanny? What about pants?
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Walking in my SIXTH Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Help me reach my goal.
sewsplendidstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #2591
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,390
Default

that was a doable catch up. But I've got to get my house cleaned and make cupcakes for my mom's birthday! She turned 70 yesterday! I"m making chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. I might even make peanut butter cups to go on top. We'll see how fast I can clean the bathrooms and kitchen tho.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Walking in my SIXTH Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Help me reach my goal.
sewsplendidstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #2592
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 475
Default

LOL Victoria.... most likely it is

pants... thats trousers.... or ladies slacks...
Ros Booth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #2593
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros Booth View Post
LOL Victoria.... most likely it is

pants... thats trousers.... or ladies slacks...
So fannypack then? ROFL

Right then kitchen is almost finished. THe stove top is sprayed down and soaking to get clean. ANother cup of coffee before I tackle the bathroom. Still don't understand why I'm the only person in this house who doesn't miss the bowl and yet I'm the one who cleans it all up.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Walking in my SIXTH Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Help me reach my goal.
sewsplendidstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #2594
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,390
Default

Evelyn Lauder Dead; Remembered for Championing Breast Cancer Research : People.com

Timely
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Walking in my SIXTH Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Help me reach my goal.
sewsplendidstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #2595
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 49,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
So fannypack then? ROFL

Right then kitchen is almost finished. THe stove top is sprayed down and soaking to get clean. ANother cup of coffee before I tackle the bathroom. Still don't understand why I'm the only person in this house who doesn't miss the bowl and yet I'm the one who cleans it all up.
Train 'em up young, LOL.
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #2596
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,427
Default

Is that almost like the trash? It seems that the trash gets fuller & fuller, my DH waits for me to empty it & get a new bag before he even takes it out to the BIG trash can.
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #2597
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Planning our son's Spring wedding!
Posts: 66,887
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
get a blow torch from the hardware store. You'd most likely use it more often for lots of things that way.
You know...I was thinking that might be the best alternative.....definitely more powerful and I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind....we kind of like fire in our family!

Ok...I made Rice Krispie treats for hubby....one of his very fave things and it's just so dang easy and quick how can I resist?
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #2598
Forum Fanatic
 
Crafty Math Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cuddling our adopted shelter dog
Posts: 9,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
You know...I was thinking that might be the best alternative.....definitely more powerful and I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind....we kind of like fire in our family!

Ok...I made Rice Krispie treats for hubby....one of his very fave things and it's just so dang easy and quick how can I resist?
Oooooh! Yummy!
Crafty Math Chick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #2599
Stazon Splitcoast
 
eliotstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Back in Oregon!
Posts: 17,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understandblue View Post
ZOMGGGG!!!!!


You will never believe what she used on her first challenge card!!!



Bwahahha - it's FATE!!!


Oh, Lydia, thank you so much! I am a huge fan of The Cat's Pajamas, and I cannot get enough of that bunny. I was trying to use stamps of the HYCCT sponsors as much as I could for the challenges, just because they were all so generous. My bunny stamps (and a penguin) from TCP made a few appearances during the challenges.

Sorry I missed all the excitement last night. Congrats to all the lucky winners. Like so many of you, cancer has touched my family in several ways in recent years and I am glad to use my supplies for such a great cause, whether there were prizes up for grabs or not.
__________________
Michelle: {Blog} {Gallery}


Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
eliotstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #2600
Die Cut Diva
 
Makalah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,245
Default

Just checking in before I head out to help some friends paint their new house...

blow torches, fanny packs full of rice krispy treats, and clean toilets... I think we're ready for tonight's fun party here! Phew!
Makalah is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off