In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #641
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 808
Default

Well, I just found out about this challenge....darn, I'm so behind now! And I've loving your recipes! I am a breast cancer survivor too....was just diagnosed in April of this year and have had chemo and a double masectomy and am now going through the reconstruction. I'll get my new ta-tas on Dec. 2.....all I want for Christmas is my new ta-tas....LOL!

I love crock pot cooking and found a great facebook page called Crock Pot Girls. If you haven't checked it out, you need to! Look under "Discussions" for the recipes. I just made Chicken and Dumplings today and they were sooo easy and yummy!!!!!
TheBookGranny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #642
Hardware Hotshot
 
vdoyle8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
I am behind a bit more now too...........had to spend all day down in big town and take DD to get more art supplies/groceries. Hubby had to go with her to the financial office and do more paperwork....it's already time to register for Spring classes!

AND....................I got an Iphone!!!!!!!!!!!!! My very first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made DS come with so he could figure it out first and then show me how to use it!!!!
Lee -- I absolutely love my iPhone -- and I think it's very easy to use. Enjoy!
fyi -- if you like word games, Bananagrams app is fun!
__________________
Vicki
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper

my gallery
vdoyle8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #643
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrounded by hummingbirds and columbines!!
Posts: 67,180
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Thanks for all the iPhone tips! So far so good! I'll check out the word game app...I love that...just don't have much time these days! LOL

Cindy!! So happy you found these challenges! And what an inspiration you are!!!
__________________
~~ Lee ~~

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #644
Mad Swapper
 
pvilbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Halfway between Dallas and Houston
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca504 View Post
Know it well! I graduated from Aldine High School a hundred years ago! My son lives in Friendswood, but works on I-10 at Gessner. Nasty commute.

There are some beautiful mountains in Texas, but you have to drive a loooong way to get to them. The Davis Mountains in West Texas and the Chisos Mountains at Big Bend. That is a trip worth making if you've never been. Just don't go in July!!! Terilingua, the home of the famous Terilingua Chili Cook Off, is just out the back door of Big Bend National Park.
Yes, Those mountains are great. We spent 4 days in Big Bend a few yearts ago and are trying to make a plan to get back there next spring. We really enjoyed hiking some of the trails in the park. We visited Terlingua and Fort Davis was having a re-enactment the day we headed home so we stopped and watched that. Eventually we will move up to Crockett (about half way to Dallas). We bought a lot on Houston county lake. We go up for weekends some now but don't get up there often enough. That area is nice because it has a little bit of rolling hills so it makes me feel almost like there are mountains.
My husband really loves the mountains too so its a good excuse for taking a trip so we can go enjoy the cool weather and the wonderful scenery.
But you know Texas has some great scenery too, and so much diversity throughout the state.
pvilbaum is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #645
Mad Swapper
 
pvilbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Halfway between Dallas and Houston
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understandblue View Post
It IS on my blog Here you go...

Understand Blue: About Me
I can't believe I have never heard of the Rootabaga Stories before. I have some of Carl Sanburg's poetry though. But I read your Rutabaga Story on your blog and the Sand Flats Story (googled it). It was great. I think my daughter would really like these stories to read to her children. So I will tell her about them. She is the other Fiedler who lives in Austin. I think I may buy them one of the books for Christmas. So thanks, Lydia for the link to the story. Got me an idea for my Christmas shopping for for at least one thing for the Grandkids.
TTFN Pat
pvilbaum is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #646
Mad Swapper
 
pvilbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Halfway between Dallas and Houston
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
WOW! Lydia...I have a box sitting on my counter too, I better get them in the mail. How exciting.

Me Too! I didn't get to make any cards for a couple of days because I had to work too long and hubby was home so I felt like I should spend a little time with him while he was here. I usually go to my craft room while he watches sports. I can still keep up with what's going on if it's a team I need to listen to the game. (That does not happen too often though).
I got a few cards made tonight, but am still not completely caught up. But maybe I can get the box ready tomorrow and get my last 3 cards done to catch up. Got to get these in the mail. Or I could just drive them down there.
pvilbaum is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #647
Mad Swapper
 
pvilbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Halfway between Dallas and Houston
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
This card has glitter paper on it. I now look like I just got thru wrestling with a stripper #glittereverywhere
I love that! "Wrestling with a stripper". LOL When my husband comments the next time (he always tells me when I have glitter on me) I am going to use that. He will get a good laugh!!
pvilbaum is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #648
Mad Swapper
 
pvilbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Halfway between Dallas and Houston
Posts: 1,920
Default

I see all of my posts together here so I must be the only one still up. Its 2 am so that is not surprising. I had to catch up on all the chatter though. I worked on my cards till nearly midnight. Now I have to get them all uploaded. I think I have about 7 to uload.
So off to bed so I can get up at a reasonable time tomorrow (or is that today?).
pvilbaum is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #649
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvilbaum View Post
Me Too! I didn't get to make any cards for a couple of days because I had to work too long and hubby was home so I felt like I should spend a little time with him while he was here. I usually go to my craft room while he watches sports. I can still keep up with what's going on if it's a team I need to listen to the game. (That does not happen too often though).
I got a few cards made tonight, but am still not completely caught up. But maybe I can get the box ready tomorrow and get my last 3 cards done to catch up. Got to get these in the mail. Or I could just drive them down there.
I'm not caught up neither. I have 3 that I'm stuck on, however I am making more than one on others, but eventually I'll have to do the tough ones to complete all cards.
It's hard sometimes when I do make my cards, because I work full-time 47hrs a wk, take care of my 2 little girls, plus DH works nights....that's why it's Friday morning at 2:30am and I'm making cards....

It always seems like it takes me awhile to make the simplest cards though. Why is that?

Good luck on your card making.

Connie
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #650
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamp300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 20,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvilbaum View Post
I see all of my posts together here so I must be the only one still up. Its 2 am so that is not surprising. I had to catch up on all the chatter though. I worked on my cards till nearly midnight. Now I have to get them all uploaded. I think I have about 7 to uload.
So off to bed so I can get up at a reasonable time tomorrow (or is that today?).
Now that's funny. I'm off to bed too, however it's 2:35am, would that be considered Friday night still.. :0
__________________
My Gallery Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog....Connie's Cards & Quilts
A Kota Kid
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
stamp300 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #651
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 51,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
I am behind a bit more now too...........had to spend all day down in big town and take DD to get more art supplies/groceries. Hubby had to go with her to the financial office and do more paperwork....it's already time to register for Spring classes!

AND....................I got an Iphone!!!!!!!!!!!!! My very first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made DS come with so he could figure it out first and then show me how to use it!!!!
Your poor Droid, it must be feeling the neglect already, LOL.
I just looked at the price plans on smart phones here - the cheapest comes to about 1 a day. That's too much - I normally put in 20 every two months alternating with DH so that one of us has free texts and calls.

@ V, I'm making those cheese breads for lunch so I'll put the recipe up later.
And you're welcome - sorry that the recession has bitten but I'll check back a couple of times in the year. Hope the kiddo is better today.
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:30 AM   #652
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
Ksnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: in my own little PINK sparkly world
Posts: 12,050
Default

Cindy....welcome to the gang here....HUGE hugs to you....you are a true inspiration....
__________________
~~~~Sheri~~~~

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Ksnurse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #653
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 808
Default

Thanks guys....the encouragement means a lot!

I'm going to try to do the challenges....or at least some of them. Not sure if I'll get them done by the end of Oct though. I'm still trying to catch up on all the housework/yard work/etc that I couldn't get done while I was on chemo this summer. My life just came to a grinding halt for a few months and now I'm overwhelmed just thinking of all that I need to get done. Plus, I'm going to the Louisville Regional and need to get busy and make some swap card fronts. Oh, so much to do....so little time...and I'm not 100% yet! If I'm not able to get in on the challenge this year, I for sure will be participating next year! I'm so glad I found this!

My girlfriend's 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with oral cancer that ended up going to her lungs and after the doctors and hospitals here gave up on any chance of survival, they took her to MD Anderson for some trial treatments. Unfortunately they didn't work and she passed away at the tender age of 21 almost 10 years ago. That was my first introduction to MD Anderson and I will be honored to participate in this challenge and provide cards in her memory and for all fighting cancer. It's an ugly disease that we need to find a cure for!
TheBookGranny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #654
Hardware Hotshot
 
vdoyle8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBookGranny View Post
Well, I just found out about this challenge....darn, I'm so behind now! And I've loving your recipes! I am a breast cancer survivor too....was just diagnosed in April of this year and have had chemo and a double masectomy and am now going through the reconstruction. I'll get my new ta-tas on Dec. 2.....all I want for Christmas is my new ta-tas....LOL!

I love crock pot cooking and found a great facebook page called Crock Pot Girls. If you haven't checked it out, you need to! Look under "Discussions" for the recipes. I just made Chicken and Dumplings today and they were sooo easy and yummy!!!!!


Welcome Cindy!! I'm so glad you found the challenge! I'm new to it this year. I've always shied away from doing challenges but I've been having so much fun doing these. I'm Vicki in Rochester NY - SAHM mom to my 16 yr old dtr, I guess I can't claim my 23 yr old son any longer since he has his own apartment ..

My sister-in-law is a breast cancer survivor -- almost 20 years cancer free. She went through reconstruction also and she looks fabulous. I know you will be happy with your Christmas ta-tas LOL!

I will check out the crock pot girls on FB. I love a good crock pot recipe! Nothing better than having a warm dinner in the crockpot when you come home from a cold,rainy cross country meet - my 16 yr old dtr runs cross country and in October in NY, that can mean some cold weather!

As for your second post - I say screw the garden and house -- have some fun with a challenge today! LOL! Ok, just kidding ... I know how it feels to feel like you have SO much to catch up on but balance is key, right?
__________________
Vicki
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper

my gallery
vdoyle8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #655
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
You will ♥ it!

I'm still waiting on the 5 to be introduced before I upgrade. Hopefully mine will last that long. I don't like the box-iness of the 4 series.
I still have my 3S refurb that I got two years ago last May. Sometimes I want to upgrade. But I prefer buying groceries LOL
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #656
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBookGranny View Post
Well, I just found out about this challenge....darn, I'm so behind now! And I've loving your recipes! I am a breast cancer survivor too....was just diagnosed in April of this year and have had chemo and a double masectomy and am now going through the reconstruction. I'll get my new ta-tas on Dec. 2.....all I want for Christmas is my new ta-tas....LOL!

I love crock pot cooking and found a great facebook page called Crock Pot Girls. If you haven't checked it out, you need to! Look under "Discussions" for the recipes. I just made Chicken and Dumplings today and they were sooo easy and yummy!!!!!
Welcome and congrats on getting through treatment! Join in on whichever challenges strike your fancy and do as many as you can.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #657
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,530
Default

Vicki thanks for checking out my blog and commenting. Yep I'm handy like that LOL
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #658
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 27,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBookGranny View Post
Thanks guys....the encouragement means a lot!

I'm going to try to do the challenges....or at least some of them. Not sure if I'll get them done by the end of Oct though. I'm still trying to catch up on all the housework/yard work/etc that I couldn't get done while I was on chemo this summer. My life just came to a grinding halt for a few months and now I'm overwhelmed just thinking of all that I need to get done. Plus, I'm going to the Louisville Regional and need to get busy and make some swap card fronts. Oh, so much to do....so little time...and I'm not 100% yet! If I'm not able to get in on the challenge this year, I for sure will be participating next year! I'm so glad I found this!

My girlfriend's 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with oral cancer that ended up going to her lungs and after the doctors and hospitals here gave up on any chance of survival, they took her to MD Anderson for some trial treatments. Unfortunately they didn't work and she passed away at the tender age of 21 almost 10 years ago. That was my first introduction to MD Anderson and I will be honored to participate in this challenge and provide cards in her memory and for all fighting cancer. It's an ugly disease that we need to find a cure for!
I'm so sorry for your friend and I'm so glad you're joining us! Take it easy and just have fun with it!
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My 2014 Convention
Retreat

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #659
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 808
Default

LOL.....I already said screw it to the house and yard all summer while I was doing chemo....cold weather is moving in and I feel the pressure to get done at least with the outside! But, hey, I can play after dark, right? :=)

I was a cross country mom too, so I know exactly what you are doing! When my daughter told me in high school that she was going to do cross country, I really had no idea what it was. So, I went and watched a meet and saw these kids coming thru the chute puking and gagging and being handed a little ribbon...and thought..."that's nuts....she wants to do that?" LOL...definately wasn't a glamorous sport for a girl! But she was a "natural" and her track coach saw that and recruited her for CC and she broke records (that still stand) and finished 9th at State and went to college on a scholarship, where she became an All American and left recrods behind. Yep, I'm bragging...lol! She is now a Middle School ESL teacher and got back into her love of CC by become the coach! It's good to see her back to running because I know how much she loves it!

20 year survivor....that's way awesome!!!! I look at it this way. If I had to have breast cancer, I am lucky to get it today when there know so much more about it. And I tell all of my friends that when they're 90 years old they'll have sagging boobs and mine will still be all perky! LOL!

It's so good to get to know some of you a little better. I've been on Splitcoast for years, but don't talk all that much. I am definitely going to try some of the challenges even if I can't do them all!


Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
Welcome Cindy!! I'm so glad you found the challenge! I'm new to it this year. I've always shied away from doing challenges but I've been having so much fun doing these. I'm Vicki in Rochester NY - SAHM mom to my 16 yr old dtr, I guess I can't claim my 23 yr old son any longer since he has his own apartment ..

My sister-in-law is a breast cancer survivor -- almost 20 years cancer free. She went through reconstruction also and she looks fabulous. I know you will be happy with your Christmas ta-tas LOL!

I will check out the crock pot girls on FB. I love a good crock pot recipe! Nothing better than having a warm dinner in the crockpot when you come home from a cold,rainy cross country meet - my 16 yr old dtr runs cross country and in October in NY, that can mean some cold weather!

As for your second post - I say screw the garden and house -- have some fun with a challenge today! LOL! Ok, just kidding ... I know how it feels to feel like you have SO much to catch up on but balance is key, right?
TheBookGranny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #660
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 51,551
Default

Hi, Cindy - a welcome in from me too.
Stamping at night sounds like a good way to pass the evenings now that they're getting shorter - but don't overdo it with all those outdoor chores! Maybe you can work some of the challenges into your card swaps and just make an extra one for MD Anderson?
I was talking to our neighbour's husband this morning - she's starting to lose all her toenails as an unusual side-effect of her chemo. Yikes - just when the weather's turned cold enough that she can't go barefoot.
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #661
Hardware Hotshot
 
vdoyle8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 4,043
Default

Wow! I would brag about your daughter also!!

We thought our dtr was nuts also. None of us run, except to get ice cream during a commercial break! But she does it and loves the team! Nice kids and they have lots of fun together.
__________________
Vicki
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper

my gallery
vdoyle8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #662
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBookGranny View Post
Thanks guys....the encouragement means a lot!

I'm going to try to do the challenges....or at least some of them. Not sure if I'll get them done by the end of Oct though. I'm still trying to catch up on all the housework/yard work/etc that I couldn't get done while I was on chemo this summer. My life just came to a grinding halt for a few months and now I'm overwhelmed just thinking of all that I need to get done. Plus, I'm going to the Louisville Regional and need to get busy and make some swap card fronts. Oh, so much to do....so little time...and I'm not 100% yet! If I'm not able to get in on the challenge this year, I for sure will be participating next year! I'm so glad I found this!

My girlfriend's 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with oral cancer that ended up going to her lungs and after the doctors and hospitals here gave up on any chance of survival, they took her to MD Anderson for some trial treatments. Unfortunately they didn't work and she passed away at the tender age of 21 almost 10 years ago. That was my first introduction to MD Anderson and I will be honored to participate in this challenge and provide cards in her memory and for all fighting cancer. It's an ugly disease that we need to find a cure for!
It's nice to meet you! Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us. Just do what challenges you can, and fit in housework when you can. Above all, keep taking care of yourself. {hugs}
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #663
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
I still have my 3S refurb that I got two years ago last May. Sometimes I want to upgrade. But I prefer buying groceries LOL
Yeah, I remember you and I got our phones about the same time.
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #664
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 808
Default

Yikes to the toenails! I know it can turn them black (fingernails too), but mine didn't. As a matter of fact, mine grew like never before and seemed stronger than ever! Chemo can do some strange things and can affect so much that you don't even think about. It can have an affect on your skin, which I did notice....not too bad though. I was so glad when I was done with it and hope to never do it again!!! It knocked me on my butt!!!

Hey, that's a great idea to mix the challenges and the Louisville swaps together! Duh, why didn't I think of that? LOL! Thanks for that suggestion!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Hi, Cindy - a welcome in from me too.
Stamping at night sounds like a good way to pass the evenings now that they're getting shorter - but don't overdo it with all those outdoor chores! Maybe you can work some of the challenges into your card swaps and just make an extra one for MD Anderson?
I was talking to our neighbour's husband this morning - she's starting to lose all her toenails as an unusual side-effect of her chemo. Yikes - just when the weather's turned cold enough that she can't go barefoot.
TheBookGranny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #665
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,126
Default

My older son ran cross country when he was in 8th grade.

Let's just say that I prefer watching his marching band competitions.
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #666
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 808
Default

PH in VA....one thing I've learned is the housework will wait! I pace myself and if/when I feel like I'm overdoing it...I back off. My #1 priority is to give my body the chance to recuperate from all it's been through this year, but when I feel "good" I am loving catching up on things.

You guys are all so sweet........
TheBookGranny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #667
Duchess of CBCs
 
newstampinaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jefferson County
Posts: 33,490
Default

Hi Cindy Welcome!!!!

Definitely try to fit in what you can and most of all HAVE FUN!!!


I think I have the PINK chosen... now if the kids would just let me have time to get it made.
__________________
Alison
My Gallery
My blog
newstampinaddict is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #668
Hardware Hotshot
 
vdoyle8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 4,043
Default

Ok, you guys ... I just tried to do the Bling challenge (yes, I'm doing them out of order and I am most definitely behind). I bought some of those rhinestone swirl sticker dealies at Michaels. I LOVE they way those look on cards and scrapbook pages.

Well, I now have to blobs of rhinestones and adhesive sitting on my desk. How the HECK do you get those off the acetate and onto the cardstock?? What's the trick?

My bling is going to have to come from something else. I'm bummed.
__________________
Vicki
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper

my gallery
vdoyle8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #669
SCS BRAK Coordinator
 
Schnauzermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 18,889
Default

Hi, Cindy!!

I moved this summer, and 'bout killed myself trying to fix a sorely neglected yard. Join me in the "it will be there in the spring" corner.

Vicki, I have iffy luck with some of those swirls...Zva almost always works for me. No tricks, sorry...hope someone does...
__________________
~ Lisa - Fix your computer and your dog mingler - She who runs with 'lil grey dogs!

What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of what you need to do. - Zig Ziglar
Schnauzermom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #670
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
 
Cook22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 51,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
Ok, you guys ... I just tried to do the Bling challenge (yes, I'm doing them out of order and I am most definitely behind). I bought some of those rhinestone swirl sticker dealies at Michaels. I LOVE they way those look on cards and scrapbook pages.

Well, I now have to blobs of rhinestones and adhesive sitting on my desk. How the HECK do you get those off the acetate and onto the cardstock?? What's the trick?

My bling is going to have to come from something else. I'm bummed.
I think with those big swirly ones, the best way is to only peel a little bit off from the backing sheet, and do it over your card so you can have it more or less in the right position. Then peel a bit more, and so on. But don't press it down firm till it's all in the right place.
In this video for the Accordion Card tutorial you can see Beate using some Nestabling near the end: Splitcoaststampers - Accordion Card Project Tutorial by Beate Johns. Well, I don't think I linked the video, but it's down at the bottom of the tutorial.
I always have the same problem with peel-off stickers so I feel the pain.
Cook22 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #671
Hardware Hotshot
 
vdoyle8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
I think with those big swirly ones, the best way is to only peel a little bit off from the backing sheet, and do it over your card so you can have it more or less in the right position. Then peel a bit more, and so on. But don't press it down firm till it's all in the right place.
In this video for the Accordion Card tutorial you can see Beate using some Nestabling near the end: Splitcoaststampers - Accordion Card Project Tutorial by Beate Johns. Well, I don't think I linked the video, but it's down at the bottom of the tutorial.
I always have the same problem with peel-off stickers so I feel the pain.

Thanks, Sabrina -- I watched the video. Apparently, all stickers are NOT created equal because I couldn't remove my sticker from the acetate like Beate did. They didn't hold their shape and the sticker stuff itself just kept breaking.

I have the check the brand name on what I bought so I can avoid those in the future because they STUNK!!
__________________
Vicki
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper

my gallery
vdoyle8 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #672
Glitter Queen
 
StampHappyScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 14
Default

Warning, big whine coming.


I'm such a loser!!!! I had this great idea to do an event for World Card Day but couldn't make it work on Oct 1st. So, I scheduled it for this weekend. The plan was to have a card making event for a local charity that is putting together chemo care packages. Unfortunately I didn't do a good enough job advertising it and NOBODY'S HERE! It's completely my fault. I should have been more organized and found better ways to advertise it. I wasn't expecting a huge turnout but did expect SOME.

I guess instead of getting all frustrated I'll get caught up on the challenges and spend some time with my daughter. She's here. lol I'm sure she can get a bunch of the cards put together.

sigh...
StampHappyScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #673
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampHappyScrapper View Post
Warning, big whine coming.


I'm such a loser!!!! I had this great idea to do an event for World Card Day but couldn't make it work on Oct 1st. So, I scheduled it for this weekend. The plan was to have a card making event for a local charity that is putting together chemo care packages. Unfortunately I didn't do a good enough job advertising it and NOBODY'S HERE! It's completely my fault. I should have been more organized and found better ways to advertise it. I wasn't expecting a huge turnout but did expect SOME.

I guess instead of getting all frustrated I'll get caught up on the challenges and spend some time with my daughter. She's here. lol I'm sure she can get a bunch of the cards put together.

sigh...
Oh no!!! How disappointing! I'm sorry nobody showed up.
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #674
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 58,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBookGranny View Post
Well, I just found out about this challenge....darn, I'm so behind now! And I've loving your recipes! I am a breast cancer survivor too....was just diagnosed in April of this year and have had chemo and a double masectomy and am now going through the reconstruction. I'll get my new ta-tas on Dec. 2.....all I want for Christmas is my new ta-tas....LOL!

I love crock pot cooking and found a great facebook page called Crock Pot Girls. If you haven't checked it out, you need to! Look under "Discussions" for the recipes. I just made Chicken and Dumplings today and they were sooo easy and yummy!!!!!
oh! i'm always looking for new crock pot recipes...thanks for the heads up! Best wishes on all the things you are going through!!
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #675
Glitter Queen
 
StampHappyScrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 14
Default

Happy post. Ended up with a few people and it turned out fine. We got quite a few cards put together and did a lot of chatting. Not quite the event I wanted but it's a start. Yay!
StampHappyScrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #676
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrounded by hummingbirds and columbines!!
Posts: 67,180
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Wow what a chatty Saturday!! I woke up with an icky sinus infection that got me......I deal with sinus stuff a lot, but usually fight it. I think my body was just so exhausted it knew that it was the only way to make me actually stay in bed and rest! LOL So I'm behind in stampin' and missed lots of fun chatting I see!! Hope you all have some fun stampin' this evening!!
__________________
~~ Lee ~~

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #677
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 58,839
Default

I had one coming on a couple of weeks ago, Lee. I broke down and bought a neti pot. It totally solved the problem...no doc visits! what a relief. (And I didn't drown!) haha
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #678
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 61,530
Default

Well no cards made today. But my house is lovely and cleaned and disinfected After having such a sick little guy yesterday it was nice to have all the doors and windows open and get everything wiped down and put back to normal.

Then we took them both to the school and taught them how to ride their bikes without the training wheels on. THey both did really well
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #679
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 58,839
Default

A clean house is always delightful!
__________________
Sunnyside Up

Follow the Free 4 All challenge board on Pinterest!
dawnmercedes is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #680
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrounded by hummingbirds and columbines!!
Posts: 67,180
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

You know....I've got a Neti pot and forget to use it! DUH! Ok...off to use it and to take some echinacea! I have waaaay too much to do with these challenges and VSN to organize and a GKD release coming up!!! I can't be sick!! Thanks for the reminder!!!

Victoria....good for you! I also love a clean house! Just need to do some dishes and fold some laundry before I conk out in bed and my house will be back in shape!
__________________
~~ Lee ~~

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off