Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #441
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca504 View Post
Are we ever going to get an answer to the burning question of who the hot guy is on Victoria's (sewsplendidstamper) signature? Inquiring minds really, really want to know!!!
Umm -we did, about three pages back I think. I need to go and get organised for work tomorrow or I'd go back and check, but Matt Passmore comes to mind.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #442
Rubber Obsessor

Well, I guess I missed it! Guess I'll have to comb over the entries and see what the answer to the mystery is.

My blog:http://catladymewsings.blogspot.com/
My website: www.rsrdecorarts.com
Old 10-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #443
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Scrap Diary View Post
Hi Ladies
I am new to all of this. I have enjoyed many of the SCS Tutorials but never have joined any chats, forums, challenges etc. Im happy to jump aboard this very important monthly event. My mother is a Cancer survivor and so it does hit close to home. I cant wait to jump in and create for all those lovely ladies.
And thanks for the Pumpkin Bread recepi, cant wait to try it out. Sounds Delish!!!!
Jess M

Welcome Jess!!! I'm so glad you joined us - you are going to have a ball!

My 2014 Convention
Retreat

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 10-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca504 View Post
Well, I guess I missed it! Guess I'll have to comb over the entries and see what the answer to the mystery is.
Oh - He's dreamy Matt Passmore!!

Matt Passmore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My 2014 Convention
Retreat

Love Splitcoast?

Old 10-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #445
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Umm -we did, about three pages back I think. I need to go and get organised for work tomorrow or I'd go back and check, but Matt Passmore comes to mind.
Well I can't find it!

Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #446
Mad Swapper

Default Missing Uploads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfinlay View Post
Well, you know where Murphy emigrated from - this little island right here - we are the source of the world's troubles, I guess!
Actually, this sounds like something I would do.
I just uploaded a card to the HYCCT sample gallery, typed up the description and details, it said your image has uploaded successfully and all, and then I couldn't find it anywhere, it wasn't in my gallery or the samply gallery - it was GONE, like the Bermuda Triangle! Then I realized I'd forgotten to browse for the photo and had uploaded a blank space....sort of like what's between my ears these days.
Now I feel better because when I uploaded my cards a couple of days ago, I had the same problem of not being able to find them, so thought maybe I had only thought I had uploaded thaty one. So I uploaded it again and by the time I was finished checking to see if it was there and not finding it and uploading again - whew -I had it uploaded three times and then all three showed up on the thread! I swear they were not there before!!
So hopefully some nice moderator took off the two extra ones. I think I had an extra one on a second card as well. Probably just my computer or me doing something not quite right!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #447
Watercolor Wizard

Good afternoon ladies! We have gorgeous Indian Summer here. I hope everyone else is blessed with weather like we have. Ours will be short lived though. It's cooling down here mid week. We've gone from having the furnace on to needing the air and I guess it will be back to the furnace soon!

Thinking about making multiple cards for a few of the challenges. I'm caught up and I just may feel like crafting a bit tonight.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #448
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstampinaddict View Post
I remember someone was asking for healthier recipes

We make this at home at least once a month (we like Indian, Thai, Moroccan, etc... flavors)

I don't serve these in pita.. I just serve them with lettuce leaves to wrap around the patties... They are really YUMMY!!!

Tandoori-Style Chicken Burgers
1 1/2 pounds (4 to 5) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into rough chunks
4 scallions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger (from a peeled 2-inch piece)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Coarse salt and ground pepper
Vegetable oil, for grates
4 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
1 cucumber (8 ounces), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the diagonal
1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
Cumin yogurt sauce

Heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, place chicken, scallions, ginger, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, cardamom, cayenne, 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Set aside to marinate, at least 10 and up to 30 minutes.

Transfer chicken mixture to a food processor; pulse until roughly chopped, but not pasty, 10 to 12 times. Gently form mixture into sixteen 3/4-inch-thick patties (about 3 tablespoons each).

Moisten a folded paper towel with oil; grasp with tongs and rub over grates. Season patties with salt and pepper; grill until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side.

Halve pitas crosswise (toast on grill, if you like). Into each pocket, place 2 chicken patties, cucumber slices, and cilantro sprigs. Serve with Cumin Yogurt Sauce

Cumin Yogurt Sauce
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt with 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Oh! This sounds so yummy!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #449
Gabfest Goddess

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampHappyScrapper View Post
I haven't had cider donuts but I am lucky enough to live near the only remaining Spudnuts. mmmmmmm, may have to stop there before today's soccer game. lol
WHAT????? Where do you live? I'm coming over! I love love love Spudnuts! A blast from my past - childhood!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #450
Mad Swapper

Ok now that I have caught up on all the chat, guess I had better get back to stamping. Hubby got home this afternoon but he wants to watch football tonight so perfect time for me to stamp. I'll be dreaming of Apple crisps and Spudnuts while I stamp. I didn't get the cookies made yet. Made caramel popcorn instead last night and ate most of it myself. I shouldn't make things when I'm the only one home - I think someone else mentioned that too.
But speaking of caramel popcorn, I'll post that recipe, since I said I would post one and still haven't. This is a soft caramel not crunchy like Cracker Jacks.
Caramel Popcorn

Caramel Popcorn

1-1/4 cup karo syrup (half dark)
3 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 quarts poppped popcorn

Combine Karo syrup and sugar, bring to a boil. Add condensed milk, bring to a boil. Add butter, cook to soft ball stage.
Pour syrup over popcorn and mix well. Spread out on cookie sheet to cool.
Enjoy!

Pat
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #451

Oh my, apple crisp and caramel in the same pan!!! Heaven on earth...I'm so going to try that....I looooooove caramel....speaking of which, here is a totally decadent brownie recipe:

Caramel ribbon brownies

14 oz caramel (block caramel or wrapped candies)
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 box German chocolate cake mix

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9" glass baking dish. In medium bowl, put cut up caramel and 1/3 cup evaporated milk, cook in microwave on high until caramel softened (about 1 minute). Stir until completely melted into a caramel sauce. Combine the cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, vanilla and 1/2 cup nuts. Mix well and spread 2/3 of batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top of brownies, pour the caramel sauce over top of chips, leaving about 1/4" around outer edge. Add enough of remaining evaporated milk to saved cake batter to make a thick pudding consistency. Drop by glops over caramel sauce. Sprinkle remaining nuts over top. Return to oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. Center will still be slightly gooey but will firm up as cools. Let brownies cool in pan then cut into bars.

WARNING: These go very fast so save one for yourself before setting plate out!!

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 10-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #452
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to dkessler73

If I weren't behind on the challenges, I may have nothing to do!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #453
Forum Fanatic

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by imastampin View Post
WHAT????? Where do you live? I'm coming over! I love love love Spudnuts! A blast from my past - childhood!
Okay... I'll ask... never heard of 'em...

What are Spud nuts?

Donuts made with potatoes or something?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #454
Hardware Hotshot

Try to come to NY in October -- it is absolutely spectacular!! So nice to meet you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvilbaum View Post
Nice to meet you Vicki,
Just me and my hubby - 2 kids 34 & 32 (with two kids ea.) Grandkids are 6, 3-1/2, 2-11/12, and 15 months.
I live a little way north of Houston TX - I work part time and my hubby works full time and is gone for a week at a time about every other week. (Except when they mess up his schedule which happens a lot - so no planning in advance for much). You would think I could get a lot done but with they kids gone and even our dog is gone - she died many years ago - it's just too quiet around here. Even my cd player is broken and gone so I can't even play music. So I go out almost every day for lunch with friends and by the time I get home again I have lost motivation to accomplish much for the rest of the day.
But today (after lunch) I will make cards (after I cut the grass)(while my laundry is in the washing machine). See there is always plenty to do to keep me from just sitting in my stamping room and having fun.
Some day I am going to get to your neck of the woods. I've been close a couple of times but have never made it to the state of NY. I have enough points saved up for another ticket though so watch out.

my gallery
Old 10-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #455
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Well I do live three doors down from my brother so he has to love me LOL
Oh you are so lucky! We live far away from family and while that can be a blessing sometimes, it can be very lonely also. My only brother passed away from cancer several years ago. He was my favorite person on the planet and I miss him dreadfully...

my gallery
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #456
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Scrap Diary View Post
Hi Ladies
I am new to all of this. I have enjoyed many of the SCS Tutorials but never have joined any chats, forums, challenges etc. Im happy to jump aboard this very important monthly event. My mother is a Cancer survivor and so it does hit close to home. I cant wait to jump in and create for all those lovely ladies.
And thanks for the Pumpkin Bread recepi, cant wait to try it out. Sounds Delish!!!!
Jess M
Welcome, Jess --
I'm Vicki in upstate NY. I have never done any challenges before this either and I'm really enjoying the creative stretching LOL! Nice to meet you!

my gallery
Old 10-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #457
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Just popping in really quickly to say hi! I got a challenge card made today, but uploading it is going to have to wait until tomorrow... it's late, and I have to work tomorrow, so I need to get to bed.

All the dessert recipes sound yummy. One of these days I'll have to share something with y'all.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 AM   #458
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Nice to meet you Vicki,
Just me and my hubby - 2 kids 34 & 32 (with two kids ea.) Grandkids are 6, 3-1/2, 2-11/12, and 15 months.
I live a little way north of Houston TX - I work part time and my hubby works full time and is gone for a week at a time about every other week. (Except when they mess up his schedule which happens a lot - so no planning in advance for much). You would think I could get a lot done but with they kids gone and even our dog is gone - she died many years ago - it's just too quiet around here. Even my cd player is broken and gone so I can't even play music. So I go out almost every day for lunch with friends and by the time I get home again I have lost motivation to accomplish much for the rest of the day.
But today (after lunch) I will make cards (after I cut the grass)(while my laundry is in the washing machine). See there is always plenty to do to keep me from just sitting in my stamping room and having fun.
Some day I am going to get to your neck of the woods. I've been close a couple of times but have never made it to the state of NY. I have enough points saved up for another ticket though so watch out.
How far north of Houston do you live? Woodlands, Conroe, Huntsville? I'm a native Houstonian. My family still can't believe I move out of Texas! Glad to hear a 'voice from home.' Everyone here in Missouri says I have a drawl. I just don't hear it! LOL!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #459
Gabfest Goddess

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick View Post
Okay... I'll ask... never heard of 'em...

What are Spud nuts?

Donuts made with potatoes or something?
Spudnuts are donuts made with potato flour. I don't know the recipe, but they are GOOD!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #460

OMG yum.

Quote:
Ok now that I have caught up on all the chat, guess I had better get back to stamping. Hubby got home this afternoon but he wants to watch football tonight so perfect time for me to stamp. I'll be dreaming of Apple crisps and Spudnuts while I stamp. I didn't get the cookies made yet. Made caramel popcorn instead last night and ate most of it myself. I shouldn't make things when I'm the only one home - I think someone else mentioned that too.
But speaking of caramel popcorn, I'll post that recipe, since I said I would post one and still haven't. This is a soft caramel not crunchy like Cracker Jacks.
Caramel Popcorn

Caramel Popcorn

1-1/4 cup karo syrup (half dark)
3 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 quarts poppped popcorn

Combine Karo syrup and sugar, bring to a boil. Add condensed milk, bring to a boil. Add butter, cook to soft ball stage.
Pour syrup over popcorn and mix well. Spread out on cookie sheet to cool.
Enjoy!

Pat

My 2014 Convention
Retreat

Love Splitcoast?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #461
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

I may have to make that Caramel Popcorn for our company!

Getting to ready to bake Punkin Bread for them now!

And then my easy, peasy lasagne. I don't cook the noodles ahead. I just use them uncooked and layer the meat sauce, cottage cheese mixed with egg, shredded mozzarella and the noodles. Then bake about an hour! YUM! And very little work or mess!!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #462
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
Oh you are so lucky! We live far away from family and while that can be a blessing sometimes, it can be very lonely also. My only brother passed away from cancer several years ago. He was my favorite person on the planet and I miss him dreadfully...
I AM lucky. Trust me I know this. I remember when I realized not everyone had close family like I do.

Other brother lives about 5 miles away and mom and sis live on the same property about an hour away. We were there this weekend
Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #463
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

I feel like I'm so lucky and blessed with all my in-laws! I married into a fantastic family! I came from a very bad place....but my Prince Charming rescued me when I was 22 and I've lived happily ever after so far! Quite a few issues thru the years caused by my blood family, but then my hubby cut them all off unless they agreed to change. They did not and our lives have been peaceful ever since!

Stamp TV!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #464
Duchess of CBCs

welcome Jess..

Gonna try to work on today's challenge tonight. I have the day off tomorrow, so I may try to make a few more for some of the challenges that we've already had.

I'm in training class all day today... BORING!!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #465

good morning all. Welcome to the noobs.

Uhhhh what's new? I need to get 2 cards uploaded and amke some more. But I also need to clean house and work in the yard putting up the garden stuff for end of season. Oh and my dear hubs is home sick

for your enjoyment
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ireman-joe-jpg
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #466
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Enjoy, indeed!

What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of what you need to do. - Zig Ziglar
Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #467

Hahaha a few years ago my kids' preschool had a firetruck and firemen in for a little lesson. I learned a lot This was a pic of one of the guys getting all in the equipment so the kids would know what they looked and sounded like.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #468

Sabrina I'm so glad you guys liked the crisp!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #469
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

I was a volunteer EMT/FF for 10 years! I loved my guys!!! They are still awesome and wonderful to us years later whenever we visit!

Stamp TV!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #470
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Sabrina I'm so glad you guys liked the crisp!
I had half the leftovers for breakfast, DH had his half after dinner and he's still saying it was exceptional . So I guess I'd better transfer it from a post-it onto a filing card or into a book.
Only thing is I hate it when something is exceptional - it's hard to live up to that standard. He still reminisces about a blackberry and apple crumble I made - 23 years ago . Apparently I've never made one as good.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #471

A friend on Facebook shared this and I made it and it was TO DIE FOR!

Even the DH raved about it and he's not too big on adventurous veggie recipes. I'm making it again tonight.

Spaghetti Squash Slaw

One medium squash, pierce several times with a fork and bake whole at 350 for about an hour. It will turn golden and the bottom on the pan will be browned. You know its done when picking it up (with oven mitts please) it gives and seems "squishy".

Take out and let cool while you chop:

Savour tomatoes
Red bell pepper
green onions
2 cloves pressed garlic
course ground black pepper
2TBS Olive Oil
2TBS Balsamic Vinegar
Tsp. fresh oregano or more to taste

5 oz crumbled blue cheese

Cut the ends off the cooked spaghetti squash, then cut down the length. Spoon out all seeds then have fun; this is the fun part right? Run the fork across the meat of the squash to rake up the spaghetti strings (it makes about 3 cups.)

Toss with all the other stuff and serve warm or cold, doesn't really matter. If it sits in fridge overnight the squash is crunchier and the flavors blend more.

That's it, really simple and makes about four to six servings of about 123 calories! Seriously even with the blue cheese! The whole squash is about 165 calories so all the calories come from the oil & cheese

My 2014 Convention
Retreat

Love Splitcoast?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
I had half the leftovers for breakfast, DH had his half after dinner and he's still saying it was exceptional . So I guess I'd better transfer it from a post-it onto a filing card or into a book.
Only thing is I hate it when something is exceptional - it's hard to live up to that standard. He still reminisces about a blackberry and apple crumble I made - 23 years ago . Apparently I've never made one as good.
Oh I forgot to say I bake with granny smith. I use softer apples if I"m doing a baked apple tho.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #473
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understandblue View Post
A friend on Facebook shared this and I made it and it was TO DIE FOR!

Even the DH raved about it and he's not too big on adventurous veggie recipes. I'm making it again tonight.

Spaghetti Squash Slaw

One medium squash, pierce several times with a fork and bake whole at 350 for about an hour. It will turn golden and the bottom on the pan will be browned. You know its done when picking it up (with oven mitts please) it gives and seems "squishy".

Take out and let cool while you chop:

Savour tomatoes
Red bell pepper
green onions
2 cloves pressed garlic
course ground black pepper
2TBS Olive Oil
2TBS Balsamic Vinegar
Tsp. fresh oregano or more to taste

5 oz crumbled blue cheese

Cut the ends off the cooked spaghetti squash, then cut down the length. Spoon out all seeds then have fun; this is the fun part right? Run the fork across the meat of the squash to rake up the spaghetti strings (it makes about 3 cups.)

Toss with all the other stuff and serve warm or cold, doesn't really matter. If it sits in fridge overnight the squash is crunchier and the flavors blend more.

That's it, really simple and makes about four to six servings of about 123 calories! Seriously even with the blue cheese! The whole squash is about 165 calories so all the calories come from the oil & cheese
Now that's one I will definitely try. I love spaghetti squash. I love every kind of squash!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #474

All this squash talk I'm looking forward to some roasted rutubaga once it's cool enough to keep the oven on for an hour LOl
Old 10-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #475
SCS Gallery Moderator

, see, I speed-read your apple variety because it wasn't anything I'd use in cooking.
I used to think that rutabaga must be some amazing exotic vegetable when I first heard the name in some Stephen Sondheim song. Then I looked it up - what a letdown that was!
I've finally finished my card for today, just got to decide if it's worth a flash photo now. If the weather tomorrow is anything like today there ain't going to be much sunshine and light.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #476
Duchess of CBCs

Quote:
good morning all. Welcome to the noobs.

Uhhhh what's new? I need to get 2 cards uploaded and amke some more. But I also need to clean house and work in the yard putting up the garden stuff for end of season. Oh and my dear hubs is home sick

for your enjoyment
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ireman-joe-jpg
ummmmmmmm... thanks! That is quite enjoyable!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #477

Quote:
All this squash talk I'm looking forward to some roasted rutubaga once it's cool enough to keep the oven on for an hour LOl
You know that the Rutabaga Stories are where I got my name - Understand Blue ?

My 2014 Convention
Retreat

Love Splitcoast?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #478

yes we've had this discussion before oh ancient one LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #479

I got a new light (not Ott bulb) so I'm going to attempt pics of the cards I made this weekend and upload them.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #480

Quote:
yes we've had this discussion before oh ancient one LOL
Bahahah - that was for the benefit of the others who have not shared my chatter, oh smartalecky one!!

BTW - thanks for the making sure this forum is well protected from, ahem, fire.

My 2014 Convention
Retreat

Love Splitcoast?