Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2010 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2010-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f342/)
-   -   HYCCT02A - Pink Holidays (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2010-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f342/hycct02a-pink-holidays-t507709.html)

UnderstandBlue 09-23-2010 09:05 AM

HYCCT02A - Pink Holidays

Challenge Title: Pink Holidays
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT02A
Date: Saturday, October 2nd, 2010

A few years ago, I completed the Breast Cancer 3Day - a 60 mile walk - 20 miles each day, put on by Susan G. Komen.

It was an incredible event! And along the long route, I saw things in pink I never thought I'd see! A US Marine in pink camo shorts, pink popsicles, pink EVERYTHING.

My challenge to you is to recreate that pink madness and fun by turning a holiday pink! Make it a pink Christmas, Thanksgiving - heck - try out a pink St. Patrick's Day! The only holiday you CAN'T use is Valentine's Day - too easy :) I chose a pink Halloween for my sample.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear cellophane bag or clear envelope per entry and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family.

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!

NANCYRUTH 10-02-2010 03:55 AM

HERE YOU GO!! I have a question is the keyword HYCCT ZERO {0} or HYYCT letter O you show the keyword HYCCTA but it is different on your card! Thanks for clearing up my confusion!!!

UnderstandBlue 10-02-2010 04:26 AM

WOWZA girlie!! You need some special early birdie prize! I'm so thrilled! Your card ROCKS.

And the keyword is the date since we will have one per day - so zero : ) I'll fix any keywords that are wonked. (technical term)

va.sunshine 10-02-2010 04:31 AM

luv this challenge...I really like non traditional Christmas cards!

Clownmom 10-02-2010 05:08 AM

My inspiration challenge this morning was a pink birthday card. I put the keyword for the Pink Holiday on it also. BUT, just in case a birthday doesn't count as a holiday, I'll do another one! Here's my pink birthday card -- Studio Nommo Birdcage.

stephanie932 10-02-2010 05:21 AM

I couldn't wait to tackle this one! Here is my Pink Halloween entry! :)

I also added the blinkie and a message that will stay at the top of my blog for the entire month of October. I love that we can help those that need some hope!

ottersln 10-02-2010 05:46 AM

HYCCT02A

1 Attachment(s)
I finished one card! LOl well I cut for two cards and have one put together to share with you all.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...960?&cat=20256

HYCCT02A Pink Holiday Challenge by ottersln - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I will have all the details on my blog later if you want to know the sizes and exact papers and colors.

gregzgurl 10-02-2010 05:53 AM

Thanks for the perfect opportunity to execute an idea I've been carrying around for months! My Pink Christmas Toile card is the first I've made for World Card Making Day - more fun ahead, right?!

Clownmom 10-02-2010 06:05 AM

Okay, my first card for this challenge was a stretch, but this one is totally legal -- a real holiday.

Pink Ghoulfriends

AnniePanda 10-02-2010 07:44 AM

Since I've been in the fall mood for making cards lately, I chose Thanksgiving for my pink holiday.
Happy Turkey Day
I also added the blinkie to my blog.
Hope to play some more!

juliemlacey 10-02-2010 09:03 AM

I love all this PINK! Can't wait to make a pink Christmas card! Thanks for the FUN challenge!

creatingisfun 10-02-2010 09:06 AM

what great challenge, which I wasn't working lol

FubsyRuth 10-02-2010 09:40 AM

Here's my Pink Poinsettias card - thanks so much for a fab challenge!

princessp1971 10-02-2010 10:41 AM

Thanks for a great challenge here's mine: DSC09569_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL

53queenbee 10-02-2010 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 197283

Ok what if I just made 10 and don't want to enter but want to send them to M D Anderson? Can i just do that? I did not do a 'holiday' per say....

allee's 10-02-2010 11:16 AM

Here is my pink holiday card:

Pink Poinsettias

eliotstamps 10-02-2010 11:51 AM

This was a fun one! Here's my card: WCMD Pink holiday MKL by eliotstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

UnderstandBlue 10-02-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbee (Post 17389362)
Attachment 197283

Ok what if I just made 10 and don't want to enter but want to send them to M D Anderson? Can i just do that? I did not do a 'holiday' per say....

Absolutely!!! :D

kayne 10-02-2010 12:48 PM

Well, I tried to upload my first card, for the A challenge, and (naturally) blew it. I uploaded the wrong card, with the wrong name, with the wrong description, but to the correct challenge. Now what? Both have a cardinal on it, but one is all in pink, with some flowers on it, and the other has a line of christmas paper across the bottom. I would like to delete the incorrect card, but have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help me? Or else how to change the name, and the description.

krischir 10-02-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayne (Post 17389685)
Well, I tried to upload my first card, for the A challenge, and (naturally) blew it. I uploaded the wrong card, with the wrong name, with the wrong description, but to the correct challenge. Now what? Both have a cardinal on it, but one is all in pink, with some flowers on it, and the other has a line of christmas paper across the bottom. I would like to delete the incorrect card, but have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help me? Or else how to change the name, and the description.

Click on your card in your gallery to view it. There will be a box to click on to "edit". Then you can either change all the info, or you can even upload a different card. Good luck!

krischir 10-02-2010 01:02 PM

This card turned out totally different from what I was imagining when I started. I still might try to make that "other" card! LOL

Pink Holiday

TFL!

53queenbee 10-02-2010 01:05 PM

Ok! Mine are boxed and ready for the mail on Monday. I put a note in about SCS so she would know that I am not entering, just sending cards I hope they can use.

Man, that feels good! My mother was diagnosed in 1974, had a mastectomy, and lived to the age of 85. She would be proud of this event. Her funeral (not a sad event at all!) was all pink because she survived breast cancer. We even got my dad in a pink shirt and tie!

LuvLee 10-02-2010 02:20 PM

I'm in PINK HEAVEN!!!! I ADORE my pink!!!! Here are my pink punkins!! :D

Pink Thanksgiving

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...inksmileyf.gif

andora 10-02-2010 02:30 PM

Do you sign the card inside?

scootsv 10-02-2010 03:49 PM

Here is my "Pink Holiday" card. I figured with 'Baby Jesus', I could get away with a pink Christmas card. I am sorry I cannot find the directions to not show the whole long URL but at least my card is here. TFL :O)
HYCCT02A - Pink Christmas by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
HYCCT02A

terry serman 10-02-2010 04:44 PM

Here's mine: HYCCT02A Pink Holiday Snowman Cupcake by terry serman - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
thanks for the challenge!

simplybeautiful 10-02-2010 05:12 PM

I am a cancer survivor and I think this is a wonderful thing to do..here is my pink holiday

Happy Harvest Tilda

Choc-to-Cards 10-02-2010 06:07 PM

my pink contribution

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I am a new member and new to card making so please bear with my mistakes.

UnderstandBlue 10-02-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc-to-Cards (Post 17390689)
Hi I am a new member and new to card making so please bear with my mistakes.

No mistakes here!!! This is a stunning card! Thank you so much for playing in the challenge!

You've made a wonderful entrance! :)

mrslaird 10-02-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bear (Post 17390432)
here is mine
Pink Peace Angel Bunny

it is for Christmas. and please pardon my really ancient gallery. it has been ages since I have been active here at SCS, so am excited to get involved again. this seemed like the PERFECT way to jump back in again! :)

i am SO glad to see you again!!!

CAKath 10-02-2010 06:29 PM

Lydia, this is such a fun idea for a challenge. I have also done a couple of breast cancer walks and years after still talk about the CRAZY stuff I saw out there. Your challenge captures a bit of that zaniness. I am putting my thinking cap on to create a couple of these for you and for the folks at MD Anderson. I'm so jazzed about our month here and hope we will have some idea of how many cards they receive from SCS. :-)

pachyderm23 10-02-2010 06:34 PM

Here is MINE

pidgesmom 10-02-2010 09:35 PM

This little witch just needed a new pink dress.

stephanie932 10-03-2010 03:27 AM

Just a quick question.............What is the tag for us to use to get our cards posted in the "Hope You Can Cling To Gallery" as well as, the individual challenge galleries? I'm seeing some of these adorable cards in both galleries, which is awesome......but, I only see mine in the individual challenge threads........so, I'm wondering if I just missed the tag in some of the instructions some where.

Thanks for any help!

UnderstandBlue 10-03-2010 06:30 AM

Hi!

Please upload your cards to the actual Hope You Can Cling To Gallery as well as adding it to your keyword - not your member gallery.

This is very important for the prize drawing :)

It is at the top of your drop down gallery list to make it easy.

**we are having gallery problems :( so hopefully we'll be back in business soon**

stephanie932 10-03-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Understandblue (Post 17391913)
Hi!

Please upload your cards to the actual Hope You Can Cling To Gallery as well as adding it to your keyword - not your member gallery.

This is very important for the prize drawing :)

It is at the top of your drop down gallery list to make it easy.

**we are having gallery problems :( so hopefully we'll be back in business soon**

Thanks so much for explaining this, Lydia. :D I never even used that box with drop down before. :roll:

I edited them and hopefully when the galleries are back up and running smoothly, I'll get to see mine with the others.

Beckskosh 10-03-2010 08:42 AM

Here is my Pink Holiday submittal:
Pink Hues of Thanksgiving by Beckskosh - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cmf1216 10-03-2010 09:56 AM

Fun challenge, Lydia!

Here's my Pink Halloween card! :)

blusky 10-03-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownmom (Post 17388622)
Okay, my first card for this challenge was a stretch, but this one is totally legal -- a real holiday.

Pink Ghoulfriends

Way too cute