Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Thank Heaven For Little Girls!
Hostess: Mothermark aka Cindy Motherway
Date: Tuesday, October 19th, 2010
An Inspiration Challenge!
Thank heaven for little girls.
For little girls get bigger every day!
Thank heaven for little girls.
They grow up in the most delightful way!
Those little eyes so helpless and appealing.
One day will flash and send you crashin' thru the ceilin'
Thank heaven for little girls.
Thank heaven for them all.
No matter where no matter who.
For without them, what would little boys do?
Thank heaven... thank heaven...
Thank heaven for little girls!
Here Are 4 Sources of PINK Inspiration!
1. The pictures I have attached below.
2. Your own childhood memories.
3. The lyrics of the song I posted above.
4. The Breast Cancer Patients at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
1. The Pictures: It's quite evident in the pictures below that these two little girls are quite proud of their PINK possessions. Make a PINK card inspired by one of these pictures or by a single PINK possession seen in one of the photos. THANK HEAVEN FOR PINK POSSESSIONS!
2. Your Childhood Memories: Make a PINK card inspired by one of your very own PINK childhood possessions. If you are like me and grew up somewhat of a tomboy and maybe wasn't quite the PINK little girley girl, then think of your favorite childhood possession and pretend it was PINK! If you ponder hard you might eventually remember that you DID have a PINK possession. I did, betcha can't guess what it was! THANK HEAVEN FOR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!
3. The Song Lyrics: If you have your own little girl, a neice in your family or if you know a little girl in your circle of friends, take inspiration there and make a PINK card inspired by her. THANK HEAVEN FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL!
4. The Breast Cancer Patients at the MD Anderson Cancer Center: Make a PINK card inspired by all the women who are undergoing breast cancer treatment all of whom grew up in a most delightful way and are now fighting for their life. THANK HEAVEN FOR MD ANDERSON!
THANK HEAVEN FOR PINK!
VIEW MY CARD HERE
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT19, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear cellophane bag or clear envelope per entry and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family.
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni Proud Fan Club Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Casselberry, Florida
Good pink challenge, Cindy. I also was a tomboy -- as was my daughter. Not too many pink memories!!! But, I did see something in one of those photos that I can use for inspiration. Will be back after work.
I'm doing each and every challenge one way or another - got behind by one (and now two with this one). Will try to catch up either later today or tomorrow. Let me see....think pink??? Thank heavens for little girls???
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Saturday the 19th???
I love Gigi, could I just be inspired by that? Actually, I'll go for option 3, I think, from when I minded my best friend's little daughter. I was on the tomboy side, not much pink in my memories except when I shared a bedroom with my sister!!!
That was fun - even if I scored my lines all wrong first time round. Brought back happy memories, too. That little girl is not quite a teen yet, but definitely a young lady and not a little girl any more. I feel I am going to have Maurice Chevalier singing in my head all evening - thanks for that too .
Oh, Cindy, this is a great challenge and inspiration for us today. Your sample is AMAZING!! and your enthusiasm is infectious. I have to work (shh just peeking right now) but will be thinking pink all day. Hope to be back later with my card. Thanks.
Ohhhh 1st - love this song . . . Gigi is one of my favorite movies and I once choreographed a dance for a class of 6 yr olds to this (picture party dresses with gloves for costumes) and 2nd - grew up surronded by pink so have a ton of childhoo inspiration. Must go put on my pink thinking cap . . .
Hi guys! Huge apology here! I feel like I have totally neglected you all! I got side tracked by my birthday on Tuesday and then yesterday I had an all day meeting that kept me from my SCS fun! Darn it!!!! Anyway, I will be checking out all of your awesome cards tommorrow...after I try to get some sleep! Snort!
Thanks for all the kind words and I am tickled you are all playing along! Yay!
I am always thankful for my little girl. Of course she is 24 so I guess she's not so little anymore. I made this card because it reminds me of the times we lived in Florida and would go to the beach. Happiness by the Sea
Hi, Cindy! I really loved your challenge. If only I had more time I'd make a few more. My memories of being with my sisters on the beach inspired me. I hope you like it. Thanks for a fabulous inspiration challenge.