Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Let's Dabble in Some Scrabble!
Hostess: Mothermark aka Cindy Motherway
Date: Saturday, October 9th, 2010
Knock, Knock! Who's There?
It's Me! I'm a Square!
I'm Here in My Squareness,
For Breast Cancer Awareness!
So Be There!
And Be Square!
Hello People! Let's Dabble in Some Scrabble!!
1. Let's do a square card. (The Scrabble Board)
2. Let's do it in PINK!! (For Breast Cancer Awareness!)
3. Let's do a mininum of 4 additional squares on your card. Can be cardstock, tiles, buttons, you name it! Just as long as they are square! (The Scrabble Tiles)
So Be There!
And Be Square!
And even though I have my dictionary handy to make sure you guys don't cheat and make up words that aren't words, you don't even have to put words on your card! But if you do, just think encouragement for a Breast Cancer Patient!
VIEW MY SAMPLE HERE
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
VIEW THE HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO GALLERY HERE
VIEW THE HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD HERE HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery - **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT09, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear cellophane bag or clear envelope per entry and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family.
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Cindy, your cards and challenges are always creative and super inspiring. This is no exception. Your sample is amazing !!! and my wheels are turning. I love to use repeated squares, so this will really be fun. Thanks for being part of this wonderful month with us.
Ok, Miss Cindy, the ink is finally dry on my masterpiece- yea right! This took so long to find my way through this. So many ideas they all got stuck in my head and this is what came out. I have had this set of letters for soooo long and don't think I used them once. They are very hard to use, but seemed right for this. I do hope my sentiment squares count, please don't send the challenge police after me today. I may end up submitting a second as I have another idea but have got to get a few other things done around the house. Thanks!
Cindy, What a beautiful card you made for this great cause. I guess my head was up somewhere it shouldn't be - because my card isn't square, but I do have 4 squares on it! Here is my card. If you send the challenge police here - I can make a square card - just so I don't get ticketed!