There are many different ways to create a squash card. I tried a simple format so I could have lots of room to embellish and decorate!
1. I used thick, patterned paper to create a 4.25 inch x 4.25 inch card base. 2. Using white copy paper, I cut a 4 inch square. (I will have to double check the measurements when I get home tomorrow evening. I'm going from memory here!)
3. Fold the paper in half two times. Then open it up and fold it on the diagonal once.
4. Crease score lines...and fold as seen below. Here is a good tutorials so you can see the folds: Fold Tutorial
5. Open up and stamp your sentiment/images.
6. Adhere it to your card base.
7. Decorate and embellish your card base.
Here are some other tutorials. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Longer Explosion Card
Wacky Squash Fold
(My card is just like this, only I made square base for it to sit in!)