View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
cuddlepill
Cardstock Collector

Default Help with Big Shot and Shapeabilities die

Hi... I've been reading through the forums here, and I don't think I saw this issue addressed yet.

I just bought myself a Big Shot, and I love it already. It was working fine, until I tried to cut with a Shapeabilites die, and it just wouldn't cut through the paper, even really thin paper. I tried out different sandwiches, but nothing worked. Everything else I tried worked totally fine until this one die. At one point, I put it through with a paper shim, and while I don't think I forced it, it was a tight squeeze. I read all the things that say not to force it, but I really wasn't sure how tight it's supposed to get. Nothing on the machine seems to have broken, everything looks sturdy. Even though it was a tight squeeze, it still didn't cut.

I kept trying and trying, and then a while later, noticed that my cutting mats now seem to be bent out of shape - they are both a little curved now. This makes for some really uneven cuts and whatnot.

To get to the point, my questions are:
a) what's with the bent out of shape mats?
b) how on earth do I get this Shapeabilities die to work?
c) have I done something wrong and broken something by accident?
d) how tight should the sandwich be before you're "forcing" it?

I am impatient , so I already went on Amazon and bought myself some new cutting pads. Perhaps that will help?

Thanks for any advice!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!