View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default MIX9 - Construction Zone (3/29/13)

Challenge Title: Construction Zone
Hostess: understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: MIX9

Yay - Fridays are twice as fun with Mix-Ability! Whether this is your first Mix-Ability challenge or your 9th, our goal is to make mixed media, easy, approachable and FUN! We want to convince you that no matter what your style is - you can DO it!

If you want to start these challenges in the pages of an art journal, instead of a card, or on scrapbook pages, or on 3D items - please know - ANYTHING is welcome! We want you to learn and enjoy!

My challenge today is to walk into a construction zone - using METAL. I want you to use some form of metal with acrylic paint or alcohol ink or another coloring medium, and if you want - sandpaper for distressed texture.

You can use these for your matte texture, or others:
  • Craft metal sheets OR
  • Tinfoil OR
  • Metal tape

I glued tinfoil to cardstock, embossed it, colored it with alcohol ink, added gesso and more alcohol ink and then lightly sanded it. Then I rubbed it with brown ink.

I can't wait to see what you do!

Muchas gracias to the lovely and talented Trudy Sjolander and Dina Kowal for the beautiful samples I've attached!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. Then come back to this thread and paste a link to the card in your gallery so we can all ooh and ahhh!
Attached Thumbnails
atc-enjoy-journey-trudy-sjolander-close-up.jpg   atc-enjoy-journey-trudy-sjolander.jpg   img_3740c_by_dini.jpg   picture-perfect.jpg  

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Last edited by Jeanne S; 03-28-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!