View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessthenurse View Post
I went shopping at JoAnn's today and found a Disney stamp set called "Pixie Pals" that had a few different fairies. It had a clearance sticker marked $3.97 so I grabbed it for my friends little girl.

Well, I got to the checkout and the cashier told me she couldn't sell it to me! Her reason was that "it wasn't in their inventory so it couldn't be scanned." I asked if there was another way for her to enter the price and she flat out said no. She completely refused to sell me the stamp set!

I have never had this happen. At other stores, they are always more than willing to enter the numbers/price by hand if an item doesn't scan. I sent an email to the company when I came home and am waiting to hear back which they said could take up to 48 hours.
I am not by nature a confrontational person, except in situations like this. I would have politely asked to speak to the manager, and then stated my case in a calm manner. It is really not right for them to have merchandise on display that they refuse to sell.

I never take a cashier or clerk's word on something like this. Half the time, they have not been told what the policy really is, or many times if it means a little trouble for them to process it, they just say no.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!