Thread: lonely
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #40
happigirlcorgi
Matboard Maniac

I stamp alone too. I actually enjoy it for the most part.

I went with some friends to a weekend retreat that was actually hosted by my good friend who is a CM consultant, but I told her I was bringing my stamping stuff. She was just thrilled to have me along. She was the only woman I knew, and I have come away with some new friends. I did really enjoy the social aspect (and there was a LOT of laughter, which is weird when you do it by yourself at home). She had her stuff set up, but she is not a hard seller. Perfect for me.

I have a group of friends who scrap, and we get together quarterly at each person's house. I stamp instead (I used to scrap, long story, will do it again someday).

I also put together card ideas and have my 3 crafty friends come over. I did one at Christmas and we made a total of 10 cards, 3 of each style + 1 "special" one that was more complicated. I gave them the envelopes to go with their cards, and they all said that I should charge, because they knew that there was cost involved. After we all discussed what kinds of cards they would like to have in their stash (manly, birthday, and sympathy), I have come up with another set of projects and will charge $10 per person. I have a TON of paper, many ideas, and am happy to share.

Never fear, for you are never alone.

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!