Thread: lonely
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
kazooMI
Compulsive Stamper

Online isn't the same as in person, and your style is different, BUT take a look at Jim the Gentleman Crafter's blog. He's been on many design teams including for Graphic 45, Tim Holtz (he did stuff for CHA last winter), uses Dylusions, etc (if you saw the school bus on a CHA video he'd done that last fall for his blog). He builds things, does tags, art journals. You just never know what he is going to do.

In addition to the blog posts he has been ustreaming live on Tuesday evenings for several hours as he crafts. I think he's quite talented and funny, it's like being with a long time friend. It's free, you just enter the site and can come and go as you want.

He tells stories as he works, there is a lot of laughter. If he messes up he laughs and tells on himself. Anyone who is watching can comment on the type in chat area and he will often respond to that. Often it's not even about the project, it might be about what folks are eating for dinner or whatever strikes their fancy. Maybe having that running as you craft might feel less lonely. They are recorded so you could run it at a later time.

I'm sure there are others who have similar things going on but I'm just not familiar with them.

He's ustreaming tonight. He's finishing an organizer he started last week, covering the box, embellishments, etc. You can read about it (and see a picture of it from last week's video) on his blog The Gentleman Crafter there is a link to the ustream. He's starting at 7pm central time (he says standard so I don't know if they went to daylight savings or not where he is in Texas).

Just a thought.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!