Thread: Distress Inks
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Angelnorth
Watercolor Wizard

I'm sure you'll have fun with whatever colours you decide to get!

I think Tumbled Glass is quite possibly the prettiest blue ever, I love it! I've added a pic of a card where I brayered Tumbled Glass onto a folder before embossing so you can see it in action over a reasonable area. It's a slightly turquoise-toned blue though, as is Broken China. Faded Jeans is more a "true blue" mid-tone and Chipped Sapphire is a good rich, dark blue.

I'm waiting on an order to arrive that has Seedless Preserves in it so it's good to see Winnie recommend that one. I don't use purple very often but I do have and like Dusty Concord (used on the "spooky" postcard attached).

Picked Raspberry is definitely my favourite pink in the Distress range. I find Victorian Velvet has a slightly odd brownish undertone and Spun Sugar is very, very pale so it's not as useful as some others. Worn Lipstick is nice but Picked Raspberry has the edge for me.

ETA: like Winne, I would always include Antique Linen and Vintage Photo in my arsenal of Distress inks if you do vintage at all. They're the two Distress colours that I would most likely wrestle for if somebody tried to take my inks away!

Have fun, I suspect you'll end up collecting more once you get started!
Attached Thumbnails
jamaraparis.jpg   spookypostcard.jpg  

My blog

Last edited by Angelnorth; 03-18-2013 at 01:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!