View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
true-2-you
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default Mix8 - Rip It, Paste It, Ink It!

Challenge Title: Rip It, Paste It, Ink It!
Hostess: true-2-you aka Trudy
Keyword: Mix8

Hi Everyone!
I am super excited because this is my very first time to hostess a SCS challenge!

The Mix-Ability challenges are a lot fun. I challenge you to play along and learn some new techniques using mixed mediums. Many of which most of us already have on hand.

We all have little pieces of designer paper that usually end up setting on our work space because we just know we will use them on something. Weeks later, they go into the trash.

Today's challenge lets you put some of them into good use.
Simply create a background by tearing scrap pieces of designer paper into little pieces, adhering them to heavy cardstock, canvas, or other surfaces, then add ink to tie them all together.

You can use coordinating colors or get wild and use an assortment of colors or patterns that you would not normally pair together. Another idea is to pull scraps from your waste basket and use whatever you come up with no matter how odd the combination.

Use whatever you have on hand to paste your torn pieces to your cardstock.
It can be:
-Mod-podge
-thinned down white glue
-glue stick, etc.

To add the ink portion of this challenge, you can use:
-ink pads
-mists
-re-inkers
-markers, etc.

You can ink across the entire piece, just hit the edges, add splatters, or whatever your little heart desires.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the different interpretations of this challenge.

Please don't feel that you are limited to creating cards. If you would prefer to do an ATC (2 1/2 x 3 1/2 artists trading cards), altered art piece, journal, or canvas, feel free to let your creative juices flow! .

Please remember to put in the correct keyword ( Mix8 ) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. Then come back to this thread and paste a link to your project in your gallery so we can all come check it out.

Here is my "Art Gives Your Heart Wings ATC .

A couple of my friends created beautiful cards to help show this technique as well.
AllieGower's Mixed Media card.
Dini's "Let Go of Fear" card.
Jeanne's "Everything"

VIEW ALL THE ENTRIES FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

I really hope you will play along with my very first challenge!

Ready? Set. Rip!

Attached Thumbnails
img_3636.jpg   img_3638.jpg   mixed-media-atc-art-gives-your-heart-wings-trudy-sjolande.jpg   mixed-media-atc-art-gives-your-heart-wings-trudy-sjolander-close-up.jpg   allies-scs-mix8-sample.jpg  

everything.jpg   everything-1.jpg  
Proud FAN CLUB and RAK member,

Last edited by dini; 03-21-2013 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: finishing the challenge post
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!