Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone using the Taylored Expressions Magnetic Storage Binder for dies?

I have been keeping my Nesties in their original packaging - I just trimmed off the top of the plastic and I slide the card in and out - but the tacky tape is starting to go, which means my dies fly all over the place when I take them out.

For my other dies, I ordered the magnetic adhesive sheets from Oriental Traders that others recommended and put it on chipboard, which I then slide into a page protector. The idea of this system is good, but I don't find the magnetic sheets to be magnetic enough to keep my bigger/ longer dies from sliding to the bottom of the sheet.

I was looking at the Magnetic Storage Binder at Taylored Expressions.

Magnetic Storage Starter Kit

Yeah, I really need to shell out more $$$ for organizational stuff... but I'm really finding my die storage to be unsatisfactory. Anyone have this system? I watched the video and it seems nice. But spendy.

I've looked at a lot of other threads about this. People seem to be using magnetic tape or vent covers. But how strong are those magnets? If you look at the review of the vent covers on the websites that sell them, people seem to be complaining that they are not very magnetic. And not a single tape roll I saw on Amazon got a good review. Thus my willingness to consider this pricey solution.

I'm rambling. I'll stop now. I have to go wrestle all the Nesties lying all over my worktable back into their plastic packages, anyway.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Happy!

I recently purchased as I had a bunch of dies that were to tall to fit in my dies basket. I purchased 12 pages which fit well into the plastic case and I love how they are now easy to see and organized. For all the dies I can put in them I was pleased for the price I paid. I believe they have a starter price which has 9 pages. It is a much better deal than what I found elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
I have been keeping my Nesties in their original packaging - I just trimmed off the top of the plastic and I slide the card in and out - but the tacky tape is starting to go, which means my dies fly all over the place when I take them out.

For my other dies, I ordered the magnetic adhesive sheets from Oriental Traders that others recommended and put it on chipboard, which I then slide into a page protector. The idea of this system is good, but I don't find the magnetic sheets to be magnetic enough to keep my bigger/ longer dies from sliding to the bottom of the sheet.

Yeah, I really need to shell out more $$$ for organizational stuff... but I'm really finding my die storage to be unsatisfactory. Anyone have this system? I watched the video and it seems nice. But spendy.

I've looked at a lot of other threads about this. People seem to be using magnetic tape or vent covers. But how strong are those magnets? If you look at the review of the vent covers on the websites that sell them, people seem to be complaining that they are not very magnetic. And not a single tape roll I saw on Amazon got a good review. Thus my willingness to consider this pricey solution.

I'm rambling. I'll stop now. I have to go wrestle all the Nesties lying all over my worktable back into their plastic packages, anyway.

These are the ones I have and use. I purchased 3 of them at the local Hobby Lobby in my area.

Magnetic Storage Book, 8" x 10"

I can store items on both sides. I have all 3 of them filled with my Spellbinder dies.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I used to use magnetic vents but was never really happy with them. Now I use the crafters companion 8 x 10 version of these. The magnet is strong and they hold alot. I could fit more in if I wanted, but I like to label my dies which takes up more space. I'm ordering a second binder to hold my impressabilities and metal stencils.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone using the Taylored Expressions Magnetic Storage Binder for dies?-magnetic-storage.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaView Post
I used to use magnetic vents but was never really happy with them. Now I use the crafters companion 8 x 10 version of these. The magnet is strong and they hold alot. I could fit more in if I wanted, but I like to label my dies which takes up more space. I'm ordering a second binder to hold my impressabilities and metal stencils.
I just got the mini version and love it. I like your idea of labeling your dies and will have to do that too. Thanks for such a good idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I am using the Taylored Expressions binder and love it. I needed two binders for all my dies. I like that I can put one set of plain ovals and one set of decorated ovals on one page. I'm going to use them together and so storing them together means less time searching. I also like how much less room the two storage binders take up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been using the TE system since December, and I really could not be happier. I have three binders - only one is full - because I like to keep my things sorted by brand, and it works great for me. It's easy enough to add more pages, as needed and affordable. I have 13 pages in the one full binder, and I can set all 3 on the corner of my desk like books stood upright. Keeps everything at my finger tips.

Our Splitcoast Product Focus team reviewed this system last month, you can read their reviews and see how they are using it (gallery link at the bottom of the page) here:
Splitcoaststampers - Product Focus

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I already had several binders, but these inserts are TO DIE (no pun intended) for...they are the best things I've found for my dies! Love, love love THEM!!! I ordered like 6 package of them the first day I saw them listed. BRILLIANT!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Would this work with the SU sizzix dies and edgelits?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't tried it with the edgelits, but if they are thin and metal, I would imagine they would work. I'll try them and see when I go home for lunch.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrightdaysView Post

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

How rigid are the panels themselves? Would they stand up in a bin on their own?

Just wondering. I have to think where I'd put the binders.

And the Crafters Companion and Taylored Expressions systems looks really. Anyone seen both and have a preference?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

How rigid are the panels themselves? Would they stand up in a bin on their own?

Just wondering. I have to think where I'd put the binders.

And the Crafters Companion and Taylored Expressions systems look really similar. Anyone seen both and have a preference?

Last edited by Rachelrose; 03-13-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have not seen the TE version in real life, but it looks like it's the same one as crafters companion. The panels are not rigid, but are stiff like thick vinyl and do have some give. I would not try standing the larger ones up alone in a box. I don't have the smaller panels so can't comment about that size. The larger panels would require a binder of some sort.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaView Post
I have not seen the TE version in real life, but it looks like it's the same one as crafters companion. The panels are not rigid, but are stiff like thick vinyl and do have some give. I would not try standing the larger ones up alone in a box. I don't have the smaller panels so can't comment about that size. The larger panels would require a binder of some sort.
I have the smaller TE panels, and I wouldn't have any problem standing them up in a bin. There is a little give, but they definitely aren't floppy, and I don't have trouble with my dies slipping when I turn the pages. I do turn them by hand, meaning I don't flip through them like I would a deck of cards.

The thought of putting them in a bin had actually crossed my mind, but like I mentioned above, I like my stuff sorted by brand. No co-mingling of the dies or stamps or markers or etc. I'm weird like that. :lol:

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_mommaView Post
I have the smaller TE panels, and I wouldn't have any problem standing them up in a bin. There is a little give, but they definitely aren't floppy, and I don't have trouble with my dies slipping when I turn the pages. I do turn them by hand, meaning I don't flip through them like I would a deck of cards.

The thought of putting them in a bin had actually crossed my mind, but like I mentioned above, I like my stuff sorted by brand. No co-mingling of the dies or stamps or markers or etc. I'm weird like that. :lol:
I don't think that weird at all! LOL! I do the same thing, and still label each die.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

I also have the crafter's companion larger steel rule die magnets. I love them. They can be a bit spendy and heavy. Organization is easy. As I put my dies away in their new storage containers, I made a "master" list so I know what die is in what box. Easy peasy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Just chiming in to say that I have the TE magnetic storage sheets and they are awesome! They are reasonably rigid, and very strong magnetic wise. I had some binder boxes already from another company AND I found some little three ring binders at Target and they hold the sheets well. I divided my dies into categories,( ie:circles and squares,nature,labels and banners etc ) and finding my dies are much easier than flipping through them in a box. I do have to say that these sheets were an investment for me,I needed many packs to store my dies, BUT, I consider this the last system I need since it works so well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #18  
Inking Addict

Thumbs up Die Storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post

I use Taylor's storage boxes, but I started before she came out with the ones with the magnets in them. I used the original pages that she sells and buy the vent covers and cut them down to size, then put them on the storage pages. I love my system! I now have 5 of her cases full of dies and am needing to get another one(that's another story and I think I'm in need of a die addiction group). I'm happy with adding my own magnets, so I won't be switching any time soon. Also, from reading about the magnets she sells, they are one sided and I put magnets on both the front and back of each page. I can get a LOT of dies into one binder box. I love the way her boxes close and that nothing can fall out. I've tried several different ways to store my dies and this is my favorite.

Last edited by stampintam; 04-16-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

Thumbs up Die Storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrightdaysView Post
I have all brands of dies in my binders and have yet to find any that don't work (as long as their size allows them to fit.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

I have these storage cases and I love them. All my dies stay in place. I can just flip the magnetic sheets to find the die I need. Nothing falls out when closed. Good investment for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought for those who can't take on the expense of the storage binders right now...I put my nestabilities on a loose ring like they have in 3-ring binders and hung them on my peg board near my crop table. My other dies are stored in their packages in one of those 3-drawer plastic sets that you can buy at KMart or any of the craft stores. They sit flat, and I have a drawer for each type of die. My sister actually gave me two sets of drawers, so I also have stored my embossing folders in a drawer. I've been making samples of each embossing folder and numbering it and the folder. Then I'll hang the samples on the side of the drawers to make it easier to find the folder I want.

Just another storage idea for the financially challenged!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile

Tracy,

That's a great idea, and I did the same thing with my cookie cutters. I found the large scarf rings, and just strung my cutters on those. It took two rings, I had over a hundred cutters, but it cleared some cabinet space as it took two large tubs to hold them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

I also bought the starter kit; should have bought 2. Unless I'm doing it wrong (strong possibility)...I dont think they hold as much as indicated.

But I do love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone used the piece of metal she used to sell...didnt see it on her site. I just moved and my stampin stuff is still packed. I dont want to buy the SU! platform if she metal works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

I purchased them when Taylor Expressions offered the special, and I LOVE them! The hold a lot of dies in a single box, and I will probably order more once I finish getting organized. Now that I see what I have, I use it more.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

A friend has some of the larger sheets and doesn't like them because they bend too much and the dies come loose. I prefer the smaller size.

Reply With Quote Likes