View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #417
buggainok
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Bugga, I'm going to use your measurements when I get my board. No sense reinventing the wheel! But you made me think...so I went back and brought out the box of envelopes I bought at Staples. They are called invitation envelopes but the measurements on the box say: 4 3/8" x 5 3/4"......next step, I measured an actual envelope and it is shorter on each side than those measurements! SO, I'm thinking that what I considered A2 envelopes are not true A2 envelopes. Maybe this is what is happening with others?
Great, Kathy. Happy to help.

But I think all of us COULD have reinvented the wheel in the time we've spent discussing this little gadget! And measuring.....

I just got out my box of purchased envies. They are Columbian Invitation size from Sam's Club. The measurements say 4-3/8 x 5-3/4, and I just measured one and they really are just that size.

And about the A2 size card, here is a link to the Paper Source: their A2 size folded notecard is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, just like all us cardmakers know. We R Memory Keepers seem to be stuck on their definition of A2, and I guess we can't change their minds. But, we can make our envelopes fit our cards using their tool, and OUR measurements, lol.

A2 Folded Cards - Paper Source

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!