View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #107
kramomma
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamplady_13 View Post
WE do too. I was joking about th4 reaction. "I have to do all of this???" Yep. they actually like getting stickers for their weekday chores. We need to figure out a way to build in saving and charity as well. My friend gives each child $5 per week. $2 saving, $1 charity (or tithe at church), $2 to spend. Haven't figured out how to break that down for our kids yet.
We were the last of the big spenders...our kids got $1 every 2 weeks for many years (we didn't start until they were 8 years old)...then they finally started getting $5 a MONTH...at age 16...

They had to tithe, give and spend from that!

Yep...now...they get nothing...they are 24 and 21 and they still get to do all that they did before but now for FREE!

Today they cleaned bathrooms, dusted, vacuumed, garbages...and they will be glad when they get to have supper!

I lived my childhood without ever getting an allowance or being given any payment for tasks I did around the house and at age 8 years old I could and did run our household, I did miss out on learning to budget money.

Sadly, I spent every nickle I earned babysitting (5 cents an hour back then) without ever learning to save...budgeting and saving has been a long, painful process as an adult.

I did learn from my parents' credit card issues that was not the way I wanted to live...and that was before Dave Ramsey...since I'm older than him!!!!

There's my 2 cents...you can always give me change if you don't like my 2 cents!

Clutter is a result of delayed decisions. -Audrey Thomas
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!