View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #98
stamplady_13
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
I just knew someone would comment on that, well on that side of the kitchen in the mornings we just use whatever is handy

this dude looked more narrow than the one you posted but i do think it is the same critter. our box elders here though, that look like the one in the pic, are not nearly as long as this guy was. he was a good inch long. the legs and eyes look the same so maybe they are a kind of variety. or maybe he grew a LOT from fall to spring. blech! I did not notice an odor when i killed him, not like when we kill those kind that look like they are a shield. those STINK when you squish em. Anyway, we had horrible amounts of the box elders this past fall so likely he is one of them. Never saw them in the spring before. or winter for that matter! Thanks for the lesson.
I see them in the summer. They creep me out. I think the babies are red. I find them on the outside of our house but esp near hte side door and also in the plants. I have always wondered if they hurt the plants at all. Good to know they don't bite.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!