View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
It is overwhelming...but I realized what I wanted for that area & that I really didn't want to touch these things AGAIN in one year (take to the shop for a year, see if I use them...ahem...not touched them since by Scouting days!)...motivated me to just take them to goodwill & they can sell them to someone who wants / needs them.

deciding what you want to keep vs deciding what to toss is focusing on the POSITIVE, not the negative.

you may have to curb wants to needs...but the same idea works.
I have some areas where I have decided what I want it to look like or what I want it to serve. I also have some areas that are just overwelming so I am going to hit them for the 15 mins at a time kind of thing.

I have been focusing on what I want to keep for quite a while and it feels good when I can see a difference. My problem right now is just carving out time to get into the areas I need to. It seems over the last several months each time I think I'm going to do ... today or tomorrow, whichever the case may be, someone in my family comes up with something else that I need to help them with. Maybe I need to learn to say NO more often or limit the time I will give to them for whatever it is.