View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #10
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
Yeah...I have to be mentally prepared to declutter.

This may or may not work for you. I think I shared the journey I took to declutter behind the door of the hutch in the office @ home. It had CDs & DVDs from another era in my life...could still be used. I was @ a loss for what to do...OK, I"ll take them to work. Then I got to stressing...about that! So, all the stuff I knew I didn't want to go back into the hutch, I put in a clothes basket (I think it was a tray, but anyway)...it was simmering all day...not in my conscious thoughts, but there. when I got home that night, I knew i just wanted them gone to someone that wanted them. so i decided to take the whole shebang that was in the basket to goodwill. i felt so much better.

maybe, decide what you want. i wanted to use that cubby without schtuff falling out and having to move stuff. i knew i was not using the cds and dvds...i'm not going to put together a dvd show. ok. not gonna happen. i had no need for them.

idk...but yeah...definitely need to mentally prepare to declutter. not sure how or if that helps any either.
Like so many others I seem to put things off when I get overwhelmed but I think your idea of decide what I want to keep and move on from there. - GREAT IDEA!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!