View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #329
Susanne527
Forum Fanatic

Debra--I hate to say this out loud but my oven/stove (electric Maytag with the flat glass top) is not that old...but parts of the oven does not heat up well already? Everyone thinks I am nuts when I say this-but tonight I put (3) baked potatoes on the top rack not too close to the side but not dead center either. They baked at 350 for over an hour and still were not done--Now, I heated up my tuna casserole--off to the right side a bit and it was steamy and hot...does an oven start to loose it's "umph" after a few years--like the heat is not so hot in there or does not circulate properly? I don't know--But this happened to me once before when I put 7 baked potatoes bottom rack all the way to the back (to make room for some pan I was cooking)...they were like rocks after an hour!!! It also seems to take like 15-20 minutes to heat up to 400 degrees! Doesn't that seem too long? When I called the appliance store--I am sure they were making squirrelly
faces at the phone while I was describing this--and the guy said--Oven's either work or don't work...there's no in between! I beg to differ! Good luck with your new oven!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!