Thread: 70's era
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
Since I'm one of those who would qualify for your reunion, I feel fairly confident in giving you a few pointers: Most, if not all, of us were not into disco - Grand Funk Railroad or Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd would be more representative, in my opinion. Flowers and smiley faces were HUGE, ditto anything "organic". Anything referring to peace - peace signs, the word "peace", "Make love, not war", the hand sign for peace - ANYTHING is good (the Viet Nam war was a big deal for us - still kind of is). If you need some visual cues, the Austin Powers movies (while over the top) kind of nailed it.

I did a search for '70s artwork and this came up: Image Search Results for 70's artwork

dafont.com has a few good fonts that you could use to print your own sentiments.

I like Keep on Truckin' FW Font | dafont.com

and Bell Bottom Laser Font | dafont.com

and LMS Hippy Chick Font | dafont.com

A lot of people were experimenting with pot and LSD, so psychedelic images were huge, neon colors made their debut, etc. Tie dye was big, mushrooms were everywhere.

Inkadinkado has a set of peace signs: Peace Signs - Inkadinkado

I have the CTMH Groovy stamp set, but also found one on ebay: https://chrome.ebay.com/tablet/item?...&sk=SCH_472065

Hopefully some of this overly-long answer will be helpful...
Sue, I'm with you on the bell bottoms and peace signs. I wore them in high school, but by the time college came around, not so much.

I attended college from 1975 to 1979. My Sorority Sisters and I LOVED disco! We all knew how to do the hustle and would take up the entire dance floor and do it together (we were the largest sorority on campus).

We also listened to Electric Light Orchestra, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, The Carpenters, Chicago, Steve Miller Band and Queen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!