Thread: Brushstix
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #21
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emariel View Post
I actually read that thread and picked up a lot of tips. Ive learned a lot of things by reading the various threads here at SCS, its very helpful. I wanted to jump in with a comment several times and didnt because I wasnt sure how to do it, until now that is. Also the dates on the posts were so old I figured they fizzled out by now.

Well I really didnt know what I would end up buying so didnt really have a big plan for organization, then I got hooked on dies and look out. Storage was a big problem. Sadly I didnt separate by category before taping them down onto manilla file folders and attaching with magnetic tape then sliding inside of clear sleeves and into a 3 ring binder, boy are they heavy and they really got pretty wide. However, now I dont know whats in what binder and have to flip through them to find something I want to use. I hate to waste the magnetic tape (its not cheap) and redo so dealing with it.

Oh, I have to tell you my friend had taken art classes years ago and I was telling him about what you said about the nibs and all. He handed me a little sanding file like you said comes together with the nibs and a Taiwan nib like you were talking about. Now I can try that too.

Well my new friend, thanks for all your help and ideas and tips, I appreciate them very much. On my way to do more re-organizing, inks now LOL. Take care.
Make do thread never fizzles out. Me and a couple of the other girls keep it alive. Don't be shy posting on the thread.

I have my dies in CD cases. I don't own that many. I have an electronic cutter so I don't have to buy all the dies. You know what is sad? I am thinking of selling some of my electronic cutters because I want more Nestabilities. I think I will use them more than my die cutters.

That is so sweet your friend gave you the sanding file and a nib. I hope you enjoy working with them.

Don't feel bad about reorganizing. My home is getting a huge reorganization this week. I already did my craft room a couple of weeks ago. My DH organized all his craft items last night.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!