View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #272
tropduck
Matboard Maniac

Sorry to hear of your loss Ina. Great that she was your friend, but then also family! Certainly is a good 'innings' as they say here.

Today, the 17th is DH's birthday, and boy was I glad I had the card class last week! We went out in a rush last night for dinner and came home late....anyways, I didn't hav his card ready! It was nice to walk into the card space this am. Wile he was in the shower and pick up some leftover cut cArd and make a card in about 5 minutes. Had it back on his pillow when he got out of the shower! Phew!!! Saved! We have a lunch at church today but the I will have to be busy this afternoon making the carrot cake with maple icing and the roast duck for dinner ( his work mates gave him a duck for his bday ). Should be good. Sounds nice, just have to tip toe through the pig sty to GET to the kitchen! We are painting DSs room and I can't believe how much stuf has come out of there!

... Just as you are getting warmer Jan we are starting to cool down! At least the sun is not quite as harsh, but it is stil hard on the skin. The days are getting shorter! I find I am already thinking what I can do later in the year to lift DH out of the impending depression that will come with winter. After last years big trip there isn't really the funds to go anywhere! ...as a friend has said "Gods will, Gods bill" we will see what comes up!

Have a great weekend guys. Love s.