View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #692
monkeymama
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I'm catching up on what's going on around here....

Imke, props to you for riding your bike! Sounds like an amazing package you received...it arrived so fast too...you can never predict the mail....

Tracie, so cool that your unit won the contest! You should all get a day of PTO.

Susanne, funny bunny story! The owner sounds like a "helicopter mom"...do you think she has kids?

Kathleen, I have been so good with my shopping and now you have to go and mention PTI! What an enabler you are! Of course, I am off to take a look....

Heather, does Claire have a lot of hair? Will she let you put pretty things in it?

Joanna, what did you decide about the "chore"? I totally get not wanting to go out. At night I want to "nest", especially if I have to work the next day. I am finding, that with one in H.S., that the running never stops...and it's me that Ivy wants to drive her...her dad grills her too much. However, I am glad she is involved in so much because H.S. should be fun...and she is certainly having a wonderful time. On the other hand, Davis' activities are mostly at the church and library...both within a minutes walk from our house.

Linda, have you got your mojo back?

Vickie, you must love eating out a lot...no mess in the kitchen or dishes to wash...awesome!

Update on the cupcakes: We put out over 30 dozen in 3 days! Of course my black kitchen is now gray because of the powdered sugar haze! LOL Only partially kidding.... We were 2 tired bakers! So wishing I didn't have to work Thursday and Friday after all that...who knew baking could be so exhausting? On Thursday I was so looking forward to having a cupcake when I came home from work..we had an extra couple dozen and they sold too. The last customer wanted a box of whatever was left. So no cupcake for me...my thighs are happy about that! The new mixer was a godsend...need to take some cupcakes to the helpful lady who sold it to me...she took me to the back room and showed me how things worked because I didn't have a clue. I would like to try some pizza dough with it this weekend.

This is goofy.... Ivy has 15 cupcakes on her menu that goes out with the orders (we have more flavors, but that was all that fit neatly on a page). She had a customer request 1 of each so she could try them all! We would be in the hole if we did that...the cakes and buttercreams are different...each batch makes about 18-24 cupcakes...you can't make all of those batches to sell one cupcake from each one!

It's snowing here...very pretty!

What is everybody doing today?

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!