View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #20
Emariel
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
The O means odorless.

I received the best advice one time about paper crafting. My friend said you spend the first three years collecting supplies, the next three years organizing and weeding out supplies, then you go into the final stage where you start crafting. She was right!

I am one of the Queens of making items instead of buying more when I want to do techniques. Here's the Make Do thread- Ways to make do instead of buy new A lot of talent and great tips on this thread. You don't have to spend a fortune to make a beautiful creation. I don't want to store all that stuff.

Creative people always go off topic, lol. I guess I am very creative. All girls need to be the Glitter Queen once in their lives. !

I haven't posted a card in the gallery. I don't have any great tips.

Starting a thread is pretty easy. Log in, choose your forum where you want to post your question. Go to Forum tools. It's right under the page count. You will see Post a New Thread.

A big rule in crafting is reorganization of our treasures. Crafters reorganize several times a month.
I actually read that thread and picked up a lot of tips. Ive learned a lot of things by reading the various threads here at SCS, its very helpful. I wanted to jump in with a comment several times and didnt because I wasnt sure how to do it, until now that is. Also the dates on the posts were so old I figured they fizzled out by now.

Well I really didnt know what I would end up buying so didnt really have a big plan for organization, then I got hooked on dies and look out. Storage was a big problem. Sadly I didnt separate by category before taping them down onto manilla file folders and attaching with magnetic tape then sliding inside of clear sleeves and into a 3 ring binder, boy are they heavy and they really got pretty wide. However, now I dont know whats in what binder and have to flip through them to find something I want to use. I hate to waste the magnetic tape (its not cheap) and redo so dealing with it.

Oh, I have to tell you my friend had taken art classes years ago and I was telling him about what you said about the nibs and all. He handed me a little sanding file like you said comes together with the nibs and a Taiwan nib like you were talking about. Now I can try that too.

Well my new friend, thanks for all your help and ideas and tips, I appreciate them very much. On my way to do more re-organizing, inks now LOL. Take care.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!