View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #26
Rachelrose
Die Cut Diva

I've been playing around with my few Distress markers and decided that's the way I want to go for now. The price on Amazon for the full set dropped from $86 to $75 so I ordered them. I know someone said not to order entire sets of markers because there will be ones you will never use, but I don't think that will be the case with Distress.

I have been frustrated and casting around for months for a medium I could use to color in those stamps I have that are outline stamps. I tried Prismas, but without Gamsol could not get the look I want. I tried painting things in with my Distress pads, but I have to say I don't really enjoy painting very much and I don't like having to always work on watercolor paper. Using a light hand, I can use the markers on good cardstock.

It really came down to getting realistic about what I want to do. I admire the highly blended Copic work people show here in the gallery, but I really don't need to be able to do it to produce cards in the style I favor.

Anyway, I'll start with the Distress. See where I go from there. You have all been very helpful. Thanks so much. I should have my markers by Tuesday.

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!