View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #20
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

I have always been creative. I come from a creative family of artists, musician's writers. My Dad taught me how to stamp. He loved to do leatherwork. He had the beautiful leather stamps. He taught me how to use them. I fell in love with stamping as a young girl. Back then you could hardly buy any stamps. Your ink pads were limited to black, red and green. I stamped all through high school. I was into other creative things too.

College years I discovered needlework. My husband taught me. He learned from his Grandfather. I fell in love with needlework. I took a break from papercrafting. I still did paper craft but not as much.

In my late twenties I was using PaintShop Pro. I discovered these little mice called House Mouse. I was obsessed with House Mouse. My Mom went to Hobby Lobby and found all this House Mouse items for me. She gave me a House Mouse box filled with goodies. I went crazy. I was screaming "Where did you get this?" I ran down to Hobby Lobby to find new treasures. My DH found the rubber stamps. He bought me almost all of them. I went online and discovered I was really out of the loop and overwhelmed with the progression of stamping EVERYTHING!

I delved in and learned everything I could. I did go from a Rubbermaid box to a whole studio. That was a bit bonkers but I am happy. I do a variety of creative things from resin to art journaling. I am a voracious reader too. I am a gamer. I hardly watch TV.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!