View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
happigirlcorgi
Matboard Maniac

Fascinating thread!
Started scrapbooking 10+ years ago on a casual basis until I had to make a scrapbook for my mom's 75th birthday, and then I started buying cardstock and designer paper and a few punches. I've gone through 2 CM demos.
A friend I scrap with invited me to an SU workshop, which was fun, but I had always been terrible with stamps, and that first card was pretty horrendous. The workshop piece was fun, and I attended a few more, and ended up buying 3 ink pad and a stamp set, thinking (like someone else mentioned), that it would be all I would need. Buahahahahahahaha!
I now own easily 100+ stamp sets, have graduated to CTMH, Verve, and assorted other collections. I started taking a weekly card class at my LSS last fall, and I now am addicted to die cutting in addition to the paper, stamps, ink, pens, punches, adhesives, embossing powders and folders... thank Heavens my awesome husband is supportive and understanding.
On a side note - I have been working on a scrapbook for a funeral on Saturday, and have been unable to do any stamping this week. Is it a bad sign that I am getting the shakes? I miss my cards!

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!