View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
turki
Rubber Obsessor

Like many others, I have been doing some craft or another all my life. Went through phases of cross-stitching, polymer clay, and painted wood.

My mom started scrapbooking when a friend became a Creative Memories consultant, so I figured I'd give it a try. But being single, childless, and from a small family, I didn't have a lot of photos or events to scrapbook. Plus I found it to be overwhelming to have to put so much together to fill a 12"x12" page. I bought a bunch of supplies but never did anything with them.

Then 6 years ago, as something to do one day, a cousin and I went to a scrapbooking convention that was in town, and at it there was a Stampin Up demo doing make & takes. That hooked us both, although my cousin somehow managed to just accumulated a small stash and be happy with that. I liked that cards were small and (relatively) quick. I was able to use a lot of the supplies I had bought for scrapbooking, and added stamps in. (And added, and added...)

I was reminded by family members that I had made cards off and on all my life, including a phase when card making software first came out for computers. When my grandmother passed a way, tucked into her scrapbooks, she had saved a card I had made for her when I was 7 or so. It was a 18 page crayon masterpiece.

I knew I had found a hobby I could stick with when I realized I enjoyed just going through my stuff and organizing it. I haven't had much mojo to make cards lately, other than those required for birthdays and Christmas, but I still get a lot of therapy by just going thru my schtuff and re-organizing it.

Who needs tattoos? I already have ink in strange places...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!