View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
DianeinSparks
Mad Swapper

My story started over 25 years ago - I had to drop off our office mail pouch after work every day and the closest post office was in a local pharmacy right near my home. There was a pretty display of stamps and stamp pads directly across from the post office window and I was standing in line and thought I'd get one of the stamps, a tiny wreath and a gold stamp pad to decorate the envelopes on my Christmas cards. I loved how they looked on the envelopes and started buying more stamps and ink pads. Whenever my DH and I traveled, I had always found stitchery stores to shop in and I now added rubber stamp stores. The first time I was in a real stamp store, I spent hours there, amazed at all the different stamps from so many different manufacturers. I bought books on rubber stamping/card making and taught myself how to stamp and make cards. When I look back at some of my early attempts I wonder how I could have even mailed them they now look so bad to me. I was fortunate to have bought lots of PSX stamps early on and still have them and use them. So fast forward to 2013, I have hundreds of stamps, the older ones are wood mounted but now I buy mostly cling or clear. I think I've only gotten 2 wood mounted stamps in the last few years. I make all the cards I send - birthday, anniversary, sympathy, get well, and also Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and more than 60 Christmas cards last year. I still cross stitch and read but I hardly every watch TV so I'm in my craft room either stamping or re-organizing every day. It's my stress reliever and I love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!