View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #253
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I haven't heard any dates to order to make sure you get a corrected one. Maybe someone else has??

I am curious, though. Does anyone know how many corrections were made? I am assuming it was on two or three? Am I right?
Kathy, for you, and all those others concerned about the "correct" measurements, I just printed out the new, corrected measurement chart, and compared it to the measurements on the Envelope Punch I have.

There are quite a few changes, both in paper size and scoring measurements. 16 changes, to be exact, affecting 12 envelope sizes.

Now, most of the changes are tiny, amounting to 1/8 or 1/4 inch. I won't list them all - there are too many. They apply to odd size envelopes that I will never make anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Here is an example: Envelope size 3-1/2 x 7: Paper size went from 8-3/4 to 8-5/8. That is only a 1/8 difference. The score line on this size went from 3-1/4 to 3. That is a 1/4 difference. It is highly unlikely I will ever make a 3-1/2 x 7 card, but I have the printed revised chart should I ever need it.

I am a creature of habit, and 99% of the time I make A2 size cards, which I have the right measurements for. Very occasionally I make a 5 x 7 card, and that measurement is correct.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!