View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #38
grammatroll
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
So Debbie, do you do your own taxes as in the states? so glad we have the tax man, if its wrong, he is to blame .not that i it matters to me, I don't get a bean seeing as they changed the pension laws, I will be sixty two and a half before I get anything, luckily Steve gets his police pension!
Jan, I'm a volunteer with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. This is a free service for anyone with income of $51,000 or less. All volunteers have to take tests to certify every year. Because I'm a volunteer, I'm not responsible for any mistakes. Yes, I do make some. We have to do what is called a Quality Review. When I'm done with a return, I call someone else and they go over it, too, to make sure I didn't transpose numbers, or miss something. I double check before calling. It's nice to have that extra pair of eyes on the days I'm having trouble with my brain. My reward is all the smiles and thank yous I get. Volunteers are not allowed to accept anything, not even a tip. I've had to turn down tips a lot.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!