Thread: Brushstix
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #11
GypsyRoseStamper
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emariel View Post
Janice found these under the name Fantastix by Tsukineko at Amazon at a good price for a bucket of I think its 70 for $37.?? They have rounded and pointed tips on them, and price wise the bucket is reasonable. The only
drawback is they dont say what size tip, and it seems they come in different tip sizes a #2 and #4 I think Ive seen. I also believe someone said they used them with Gamsol and colored pencils, but didnt finish to say how well they worked with that. Hope this helps you.
Fantastix and Brushstix, although made by the same company, are quite different. Just Google some images. Doubt that either is sold in a bucket. Tortillons (rolled paper applicators) are usually preferred over Fantastix for the Gamsol technique.

The Brushstix label suggests it be used for applying Stazon, Glazon, and other mediums to paper. For instance, stamp a tree in black; add various greens to the foliage and browns to the trunk from your stamp pads with the Brushstix. It does not work well for background sponging; the tips are too concentrated and produce streaking and mottled effect.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!