Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Brushstix

Anyone using these blending tools? Opinions? If you like them, which of the four shapes/sizes do you use? They are still sold by various vendors, but I'm not even sure if Tsukineko still makes them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

I just used them the other day to add color to a dry embossed piece of cardstock. Loved how easy those were to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Brushstix-jrssentiments9.jpg  

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these the same kind of tool as Fantastix by Tsukineko? or the tool they call a nib?
Not sure what to use with Coloring Pencils and Gamsol. What to use for tight areas like Beate did on her card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Beautiful Beate!
I'd like to know this too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I bought an assortment package to try them out (Joann had them.), but I haven't used any of them much yet.

The tips are dense foam. I'm guessing that would not be appropriate for Gamsol. At any rate, I don't want to take a chance with experimentation! For using Gamsol in the tight areas, wouldn't you be better off with some tortillons (from art supply store)? They are pretty sharp and can be sand-papered to a point you like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeateView Post
I just used them the other day to add color to a dry embossed piece of cardstock. Loved how easy those were to use.
Are these the same kind of tool as Fantastix by Tsukineko? or the tool they call a nib which I understand is rolled paper?

Not sure what to use with Coloring Pencils and Gamsol or baby oil to smooth the coloring, and which tip, brush or point?

What tip did you use for tight areas like you did on your beautiful card with the memento inks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

So pretty Beate!

TYFS,
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
I bought an assortment package to try them out (Joann had them.), but I haven't used any of them much yet.

The tips are dense foam. I'm guessing that would not be appropriate for Gamsol. At any rate, I don't want to take a chance with experimentation! For using Gamsol in the tight areas, wouldn't you be better off with some tortillons (from art supply store)? They are pretty sharp and can be sand-papered to a point you like.
Thanks for the tip Gypsy, I dont know what tortillons are but Ill have to check it out. Im so new to all these things, plus posting here, my head is swimming, LOL. I just dont want to buy more of the wrong things to do what Im trying to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Very pretty! I just heard about these the other day watching a youtube video. I looked at Michaels, but they did not have them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janice13View Post
Very pretty! I just heard about these the other day watching a youtube video. I looked at Michaels, but they did not have them.
Janice found these under the name Fantastix by Tsukineko at Amazon at a good price for a bucket of I think its 70 for $37.?? They have rounded and pointed tips on them, and price wise the bucket is reasonable. The only
drawback is they dont say what size tip, and it seems they come in different tip sizes a #2 and #4 I think Ive seen. I also believe someone said they used them with Gamsol and colored pencils, but didnt finish to say how well they worked with that. Hope this helps you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmarielView Post
Janice found these under the name Fantastix by Tsukineko at Amazon at a good price for a bucket of I think its 70 for $37.?? They have rounded and pointed tips on them, and price wise the bucket is reasonable. The only
drawback is they dont say what size tip, and it seems they come in different tip sizes a #2 and #4 I think Ive seen. I also believe someone said they used them with Gamsol and colored pencils, but didnt finish to say how well they worked with that. Hope this helps you.
Fantastix and Brushstix, although made by the same company, are quite different. Just Google some images. Doubt that either is sold in a bucket. Tortillons (rolled paper applicators) are usually preferred over Fantastix for the Gamsol technique.

The Brushstix label suggests it be used for applying Stazon, Glazon, and other mediums to paper. For instance, stamp a tree in black; add various greens to the foliage and browns to the trunk from your stamp pads with the Brushstix. It does not work well for background sponging; the tips are too concentrated and produce streaking and mottled effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

Fantastix and Brushstix, although made by the same company, are quite different. Just Google some images. Doubt that either is sold in a bucket. Tortillons (rolled paper applicators) are usually preferred over Fantastix for the Gamsol technique.

The Brushstix label suggests it be used for applying Stazon, Glazon, and other mediums to paper. For instance, stamp a tree in black; add various greens to the foliage and browns to the trunk from your stamp pads with the Brushstix. It does not work well for background sponging; the tips are too concentrated and produce streaking and mottled effect.
Thanks for the clarification Gypsy...I picked up a 10Pk of Tortillons at Wal-Mart yesterday, they had various sizes. I did buy a Bucket of Fantastix at Amazon yesterday also, they do come 70 in a bucket...take a look. After seeing the prices for 6 in a pk or 4 I knew it was a good price, just dont know the sizes like #2 or #4 but I can use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Fantastix do come in a bucket- Amazon.com: Tsukineko 70-Piece Fantastix Display for All Purpose Ink: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

I have never seen Brushstix sold in a bucket.

I have used Fantastix with Gamsol and color pencils. I like the look but it is a different look than using tortillions. I enjoy using them both.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Fantastix do come in a bucket- Amazon.com: Tsukineko 70-Piece Fantastix Display for All Purpose Ink: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

I have never seen Brushstix sold in a bucket.

I have used Fantastix with Gamsol and color pencils. I like the look but it is a different look than using tortillions. I enjoy using them both.
Thats nice to know Lylacfey. How did you clean your Fantastix after using it with the Gamsol or did you have to toss it? I was going to use Baby Oil instead of the Gamsol, many said they use it instead of the Gamsol. Im also
assuming that the tortillions are filed like other nibs? Thanks for any input. I havent tried either just yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Thats nice to know Lylacfey. How did you clean your Fantastix after using it with the Gamsol or did you have to toss it? I was going to use Baby Oil instead of the Gamsol, many said they use it instead of the Gamsol. Im also
assuming that the tortillions are filed like other nibs? Thanks for any input. I havent tried either just yet.
I "scratched" the Fantastix clean between color changes. I know I will toss my Fantastix in time because I am sure the nib is going to wear down. I don't think they can be sharpened like a tortillion. My Fantastix is still in good shape.

I used this tutorial- Using Fantastix with OMS and colored pencils - YouTube

I use baby oil too. I do have asthma so when I started working with OMS I went the baby oil route. My DH paints in oil. He uses OMS with his oil paints. I "stole" some of his OMS. It did not trigger my asthma. I really loved working with it. Personally for me I felt it blended better than baby oil.

Tortillions can be filed down using fine sandpaper. You will want the quality that is found in the drafting supplies. It's less abrasive. A lot of times you can get tortillions in a pack with the sandpaper. This way you can feel the grit of the sandpaper to know what kind to get when you run out. Then you can go to the hardware store and pick up sandpaper cheaper. Sandpaper from the drafting department of your local hobby stores is economical too. You can also use carpet to file down your tortillions. I use fine sandpaper. I gently twist the tortillion against the sandpaper.

Also look into blending stumps. Blending stumps are like tortillions. Tortillions are hollow on the end and stumps are pointed on both ends. Stumps are tighter wrapped. Both tortillions and stumps will give you different texturing. That's why I use a variety of different tools with Gamsol because I am going for texture.

You can also make your own tortillions too. Blank newspaper print makes the best tortillions. A lot of artists use plain printer paper. Lots of good tutorials on Google and You Tube.

Blending stumps are usually made in a softer paper. Sometimes you can find them in high quality leather or felt.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

I "scratched" the Fantastix clean between color changes. I know I will toss my Fantastix in time because I am sure the nib is going to wear down. I don't think they can be sharpened like a tortillion. My Fantastix is still in good shape.

I used this tutorial- Using Fantastix with OMS and colored pencils - YouTube

I use baby oil too. I do have asthma so when I started working with OMS I went the baby oil route. My DH paints in oil. He uses OMS with his oil paints. I "stole" some of his OMS. It did not trigger my asthma. I really loved working with it. Personally for me I felt it blended better than baby oil.

Tortillions can be filed down using fine sandpaper. You will want the quality that is found in the drafting supplies. It's less abrasive. A lot of times you can get tortillions in a pack with the sandpaper. This way you can feel the grit of the sandpaper to know what kind to get when you run out. Then you can go to the hardware store and pick up sandpaper cheaper. Sandpaper from the drafting department of your local hobby stores is economical too. You can also use carpet to file down your tortillions. I use fine sandpaper. I gently twist the tortillion against the sandpaper.

Also look into blending stumps. Blending stumps are like tortillions. Tortillions are hollow on the end and stumps are pointed on both ends. Stumps are tighter wrapped. Both tortillions and stumps will give you different texturing. That's why I use a variety of different tools with Gamsol because I am going for texture.

You can also make your own tortillions too. Blank newspaper print makes the best tortillions. A lot of artists use plain printer paper. Lots of good tutorials on Google and You Tube.

Blending stumps are usually made in a softer paper. Sometimes you can find them in high quality leather or felt.
Well not sure if Baby Oil will work for me but bought some and will try it, I understand not to put too much on the tip from what Ive read here. My pencils arent water color but everyone raved about them too. Wal-Mart special LoL, Crazy-Z-Art I think was the name. Thanks for the youtube link Ill take a look at it. Im gathering tools right now so I havent even tried the things Ive picked up to know what they will do. When I try them, I guess then is when Ill have more questions. I know I tried coloring just with the pencils and it looked like an image I use to color with crayons, yuck. Only good thing was I stayed inside the lines LOL. Thanks for your help and the youtube link I have to tell you this was my first post here, wasnt sure how it worked. After I did it I thought to myself, now how am I going to find it and answer if anyone puts feedback in. Then, I got an email, and waulah, so thats how it works, yeah I did it. Dont know the bump thing or what thats for but I guess one step at a time. Its hard being new to everything. Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

You will be an old pro at this MB in time. Can't wait to see more posts from you.

I am one of the fans who rave about Cra-z-Art color pencils. I love them more than my Prisma's. Prisma pencils are the only color pencils I use blending techniques with. My other pencils, including Cra-z-Art, I pencil shade with. I learned in art school pencil shading. It wasn't until I started posting at stamping forums I learned about OMS and all those techniques. I prefer to pencil shade over OMS.

There are so many good books on the market about color pencil techniques that will teach you a lot, if that helps any.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #18  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

You will be an old pro at this MB in time. Can't wait to see more posts from you.

I am one of the fans who rave about Cra-z-Art color pencils. I love them more than my Prisma's. Prisma pencils are the only color pencils I use blending techniques with. My other pencils, including Cra-z-Art, I pencil shade with. I learned in art school pencil shading. It wasn't until I started posting at stamping forums I learned about OMS and all those techniques. I prefer to pencil shade over OMS.

There are so many good books on the market about color pencil techniques that will teach you a lot, if that helps any.
So your the one who got me to Wal-Mart for the Cra-Z-Art LOL. Well Im going to try the Baby Oil, then later the O Mineral Spirits, dont remember what the O means. Just want a decent colored image not to become an artist so no books, will learn by doing and trying. Thanks for the tip on the book though.

I need to remember what goes with what to do what, my head is swimming. This site surely has been extremely helpful though. Wish I would have found it before I bought a lot of things. I need to start doing and stop buying. There are so many neat techniques to try, but always seems you need to buy more product to get the result.

BTW (think that means by the way, LOL) In talking with you Ive gone from cardstock collector to Glitter Queen how about that, didnt know how that worked either. We have our own private Brushstix Chatroom LOL. If I lose you somehow Ill just come back to Brushstix to find you, ROFL.

I started to post my very first card to My Gallery then backed out because I wasnt sure what to put in the boxes and if the card would go to MY Gallery.
I also dont know how or where to start a new topic. Still have a lot to learn, meanwhile Ive been organizing and reorganizing my collection of purchases so I dont buy the same things again, done that before with other stuff. Im going blind reading and broke buying and have only made 5 cards so far, bad. Everytime I went to find something Id see I need to organize it another way. Oh well, in good time I guess. Nice chatting......Later
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

The O means odorless.

I received the best advice one time about paper crafting. My friend said you spend the first three years collecting supplies, the next three years organizing and weeding out supplies, then you go into the final stage where you start crafting. She was right!

I am one of the Queens of making items instead of buying more when I want to do techniques. Here's the Make Do thread- Ways to make do instead of buy new by Barbara Jay at Splitcoaststampers A lot of talent and great tips on this thread. You don't have to spend a fortune to make a beautiful creation. I don't want to store all that stuff.

Creative people always go off topic, lol. I guess I am very creative. All girls need to be the Glitter Queen once in their lives. !

I haven't posted a card in the gallery. I don't have any great tips.

Starting a thread is pretty easy. Log in, choose your forum where you want to post your question. Go to Forum tools. It's right under the page count. You will see Post a New Thread.

A big rule in crafting is reorganization of our treasures. Crafters reorganize several times a month.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

The O means odorless.

I received the best advice one time about paper crafting. My friend said you spend the first three years collecting supplies, the next three years organizing and weeding out supplies, then you go into the final stage where you start crafting. She was right!

I am one of the Queens of making items instead of buying more when I want to do techniques. Here's the Make Do thread- Ways to make do instead of buy new by Barbara Jay at Splitcoaststampers A lot of talent and great tips on this thread. You don't have to spend a fortune to make a beautiful creation. I don't want to store all that stuff.

Creative people always go off topic, lol. I guess I am very creative. All girls need to be the Glitter Queen once in their lives. !

I haven't posted a card in the gallery. I don't have any great tips.

Starting a thread is pretty easy. Log in, choose your forum where you want to post your question. Go to Forum tools. It's right under the page count. You will see Post a New Thread.

A big rule in crafting is reorganization of our treasures. Crafters reorganize several times a month.
I actually read that thread and picked up a lot of tips. Ive learned a lot of things by reading the various threads here at SCS, its very helpful. I wanted to jump in with a comment several times and didnt because I wasnt sure how to do it, until now that is. Also the dates on the posts were so old I figured they fizzled out by now.

Well I really didnt know what I would end up buying so didnt really have a big plan for organization, then I got hooked on dies and look out. Storage was a big problem. Sadly I didnt separate by category before taping them down onto manilla file folders and attaching with magnetic tape then sliding inside of clear sleeves and into a 3 ring binder, boy are they heavy and they really got pretty wide. However, now I dont know whats in what binder and have to flip through them to find something I want to use. I hate to waste the magnetic tape (its not cheap) and redo so dealing with it.

Oh, I have to tell you my friend had taken art classes years ago and I was telling him about what you said about the nibs and all. He handed me a little sanding file like you said comes together with the nibs and a Taiwan nib like you were talking about. Now I can try that too.

Well my new friend, thanks for all your help and ideas and tips, I appreciate them very much. On my way to do more re-organizing, inks now LOL. Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I actually read that thread and picked up a lot of tips. Ive learned a lot of things by reading the various threads here at SCS, its very helpful. I wanted to jump in with a comment several times and didnt because I wasnt sure how to do it, until now that is. Also the dates on the posts were so old I figured they fizzled out by now.

Well I really didnt know what I would end up buying so didnt really have a big plan for organization, then I got hooked on dies and look out. Storage was a big problem. Sadly I didnt separate by category before taping them down onto manilla file folders and attaching with magnetic tape then sliding inside of clear sleeves and into a 3 ring binder, boy are they heavy and they really got pretty wide. However, now I dont know whats in what binder and have to flip through them to find something I want to use. I hate to waste the magnetic tape (its not cheap) and redo so dealing with it.

Oh, I have to tell you my friend had taken art classes years ago and I was telling him about what you said about the nibs and all. He handed me a little sanding file like you said comes together with the nibs and a Taiwan nib like you were talking about. Now I can try that too.

Well my new friend, thanks for all your help and ideas and tips, I appreciate them very much. On my way to do more re-organizing, inks now LOL. Take care.
Make do thread never fizzles out. Me and a couple of the other girls keep it alive. Don't be shy posting on the thread.

I have my dies in CD cases. I don't own that many. I have an electronic cutter so I don't have to buy all the dies. You know what is sad? I am thinking of selling some of my electronic cutters because I want more Nestabilities. I think I will use them more than my die cutters.

That is so sweet your friend gave you the sanding file and a nib. I hope you enjoy working with them.

Don't feel bad about reorganizing. My home is getting a huge reorganization this week. I already did my craft room a couple of weeks ago. My DH organized all his craft items last night.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #22  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

Make do thread never fizzles out. Me and a couple of the other girls keep it alive. Don't be shy posting on the thread.

I have my dies in CD cases. I don't own that many. I have an electronic cutter so I don't have to buy all the dies. You know what is sad? I am thinking of selling some of my electronic cutters because I want more Nestabilities. I think I will use them more than my die cutters.

That is so sweet your friend gave you the sanding file and a nib. I hope you enjoy working with them.

Don't feel bad about reorganizing. My home is getting a huge reorganization this week. I already did my craft room a couple of weeks ago. My DH organized all his craft items last night.
Well, last year when I first started this craft idea I didnt know what die cutting machine to buy. I thought of the Silhouette or Cameo but dont like the idea its hooked to a computer and needs power to run. Two reasons, my power goes out a lot here so wanted something I could still use and Im not computer savy and programs screw up all the time with updates, Im dealing with one, or trying to figure out what to do. I installed 9 Windows updates and it locked up my Norton Virus Program, tried to do a restore, which did allow Norton to run again but Windows said I need to go back to earlier date because some files in the system had errors, what errors, where they are who knows. Im afraid if I dont do something the old restore points will be erased and when it does a restore now, it will of course use a bad restore point, Im frazzled. There were two Framework updates and when Norton Opened it said it was trying to fix it but locked up, had to use task manager to stop it and then it wouldnt open. The Norton Window stated it was the Security Suite, that makes me nervous. Well that was getting off track LOL.
Wasnt sure I would get online.

Machines?? How many do you have. Ive got the Grand Calibur. Since I never used any other machine I cant compare to anything else, so far so good. Cant do the Sizzix Big dies, but I can live with that. I like the lacey, cutsie
dies myself. Im not feeling bad about re-organizing Im getting tired of doing it LOL, if I dont have things together I wont use them. After spending all this money I want to be sure to use them. I kind of like the new machine Ebosser, no cranking, but see its electric, however I would have the Calibur as backup LOL. Oh well back to organizing, and scratching my head with what to do with computer error???????? Later my friend...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

I am a computer geek. My DH & I used to fix computers as a side job. We stopped when we had more work than we could handle. I will not fix any computers with Norton. It tears apart Windows Operating Systems to unbelievable levels. If you have some computer guys in your area I am sure they will tell you all about Norton and it won't be nice. AVG antivirus is the best on the market. It's also free and does not play havoc on your system.

I have nine die cutting machines. I do test them. I actually use three for my own creations. I have a Cameo. I don't use my Cameo like most of our great girls over here. I use it to make stickers, lol. My Mom said to me about a month ago "Is that a sitcker machine?" I am like "Um, Yeah!"

I have a modified Cricut Expression. My husband rebuilt it. It runs as well as some of the high end cutters. We were designing a die cutter but decided not to deal with it. We could sell our own custom die cutter or go to Rome. Rather go to Rome. I have my precious Cuttlebug.

I am going to sell and give away my other cutters. I don't want to test cutters any more. I am at that screaming point about it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

;) Miz Lylafey. you best remember me when you start giving stuff away....

I've never seen/heard of the brushstix before gonna have to some investigating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #25  
Glitter Queen

Default Brushstix

Quote:

I am a computer geek. My DH & I used to fix computers as a side job. We stopped when we had more work than we could handle. I will not fix any computers with Norton. It tears apart Windows Operating Systems to unbelievable levels. If you have some computer guys in your area I am sure they will tell you all about Norton and it won't be nice. AVG antivirus is the best on the market. It's also free and does not play havoc on your system.

I have nine die cutting machines. I do test them. I actually use three for my own creations. I have a Cameo. I don't use my Cameo like most of our great girls over here. I use it to make stickers, lol. My Mom said to me about a month ago "Is that a sitcker machine?" I am like "Um, Yeah!"

I have a modified Cricut Expression. My husband rebuilt it. It runs as well as some of the high end cutters. We were designing a die cutter but decided not to deal with it. We could sell our own custom die cutter or go to Rome. Rather go to Rome. I have my precious Cuttlebug.

I am going to sell and give away my other cutters. I don't want to test cutters any more. I am at that screaming point about it.
Feel silly putting Brushstix in the Title when we are chatting something else, LOL. Anyway thanks for freaking me out about Norton. I dont have any reliable computer tech's around me nor could I afford it or trust them. Being 66 on a fixed income, which of course Im spending on dies and all that goes with it, yikes.
1.) Ive heard the name AVG does it protect you for whats out there today and update itself?????

2.) If I uninstalled Norton could I Install it without a problem, I know the older versions left a lot of stuff behind when you did an uninstall?????

3) I also have Spybot on here which I try to remember to run every week, did you ever hear of that free program??

You have to stop quitting things your good at LOL. 9 machines OMG. Do you have a craft business you test for or is this for you? The cuttlebug seems to be a real popular little machine. I think Ive seen it and heard the name more than anything. OH OH someone is claiming your giveaways before you give it away LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacyView Post
;) Miz Lylafey. you best remember me when you start giving stuff away....

I've never seen/heard of the brushstix before gonna have to some investigating!
! Stacy you crack me up! Some of the cutters are torn apart and industrial size. I don't think any sane crafter would want those. I have a couple of friends who would love to have them for parts. I do have a few nicer cutters I am definitely getting rid of. I was going to do it this weekend but I heard a bad word on the weather. Bad word was ice storm.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Feel silly putting Brushstix in the Title when we are chatting something else, LOL. Anyway thanks for freaking me out about Norton. I dont have any reliable computer tech's around me nor could I afford it or trust them. Being 66 on a fixed income, which of course Im spending on dies and all that goes with it, yikes.
1.) Ive heard the name AVG does it protect you for whats out there today and update itself?????

2.) If I uninstalled Norton could I Install it without a problem, I know the older versions left a lot of stuff behind when you did an uninstall?????

3) I also have Spybot on here which I try to remember to run every week, did you ever hear of that free program??

You have to stop quitting things your good at LOL. 9 machines OMG. Do you have a craft business you test for or is this for you? The cuttlebug seems to be a real popular little machine. I think Ive seen it and heard the name more than anything. OH OH someone is claiming your giveaways before you give it away LOL.
Yes, AVG protects three times better than any other anti-virus. It is the best on the market. You know the new Microsoft Security Essentials is not bad either. I am starting to be quite fond of it.

There is the problem that lies with Norton. It is almost impossible to get rid of. Norton leaves so many registry entries. A lot of times the registry entries is what causes computer problems. Here's a pretty decent tutorial to remove Norton- How to Remove Norton Antivirus From Windows Vista | Tech Tips - Salon.com

I do remove it this way on computers I fix. I also do a registry cleaning. I am trained in that. I do not recommend any one cleaning their registry. That is brain surgery on your computer and should be handled by a computer tech.

I have heard of Spybot. It is a very good program. I always recommend a good spyware program on systems.

My die cutting obsession started out pretty much me. My DH & I are geeks, obviously. We buy a lot of tech things to test out because we are so fascinated with all things geek. I did end up testing cutters for review purposes but not for the crafting world. I made a promise to myself I would not test for the crafting world in a professional level. I do help with cutters over here and I never ever want my opinion influenced because I have a cutter company breathing down my neck. If I think a cutter sucks in some areas I will say it does. If I think it shines in other areas I will compliment it.

My DH & I rotate out our electronics at a frequent rate so we trade one up for something else. We never really put money into our tech hobby. I do get contacted by electronic companies to do testing. I know what a crazy hobby to take on. I do get my hands on some of the coolest tech toys out before anyone else.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #28  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Yes, AVG protects three times better than any other anti-virus. It is the best on the market. You know the new Microsoft Security Essentials is not bad either. I am starting to be quite fond of it.

There is the problem that lies with Norton. It is almost impossible to get rid of. Norton leaves so many registry entries. A lot of times the registry entries is what causes computer problems. Here's a pretty decent tutorial to remove Norton- How to Remove Norton Antivirus From Windows Vista | Tech Tips - Salon.com

I do remove it this way on computers I fix. I also do a registry cleaning. I am trained in that. I do not recommend any one cleaning their registry. That is brain surgery on your computer and should be handled by a computer tech.

I have heard of Spybot. It is a very good program. I always recommend a good spyware program on systems.

My die cutting obsession started out pretty much me. My DH & I are geeks, obviously. We buy a lot of tech things to test out because we are so fascinated with all things geek. I did end up testing cutters for review purposes but not for the crafting world. I made a promise to myself I would not test for the crafting world in a professional level. I do help with cutters over here and I never ever want my opinion influenced because I have a cutter company breathing down my neck. If I think a cutter sucks in some areas I will say it does. If I think it shines in other areas I will compliment it.

My DH & I rotate out our electronics at a frequent rate so we trade one up for something else. We never really put money into our tech hobby. I do get contacted by electronic companies to do testing. I know what a crazy hobby to take on. I do get my hands on some of the coolest tech toys out before anyone else.
Ok scrolled up and noticed you didnt title Brushstix so I guess you dont have to since your doing a reply. Observant arent I, LOL.

Guess Im going to have to go to that link and do some reading. Im so leary of computer things because Im not tech savy but with what happened Im nervous that something needs to be done. It took me a whole year to get google so I could comment on cards I see because there was no anonymous on pages because of spammers. I dont have a thing set up, dont know how, but Ive got it now LOL. I can also subscribe to youtube channels, that is until yesterday for some reason when I clicked subscribe it didnt do what it did the three other times I clicked it, kept hitting subscribe and nothing, ho hum. Hate and love computers.

I am like you dont want to be backed in a corner, hold nothing over my head and if you ask me Im going to tell you the truth about things even if it hurts. Only way I can be, and I feel fine with that.

You get contacted by electronic companies, wow, you must really be a whiz couple, how you got yourself out there I dont know, but thats neat. How you manage trading up is great too, thats the way to do it if you have the know how and know where. Im not even successful with a garage sale once, brand new stuff and they wouldnt pay a buck, ridiculous. I felt ok Ill donate to goodwill and you go pay more for it, and they do LOL. I dont get it.

Ive been avoiding an extra Doctor appointment but have a swollen ankle and my leg is swelling and think I better go sooner and find out what the problem is its starting to throb and Im going to go and elevate for now. Catch you later....have a good day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

I am going to send you a PM! It will be up in the little mailbox icon with a number.

Reply With Quote Likes