View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #1149
QueenOfInkland
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I got my ATCs today and, to quote Joyce, they are all "...just over the top with fabulous artwork. Off the chart... ". I will be rotating all of these on my ATC easel display and enjoying looking at them and being inspired.

:::Gush alert:::

<gushing>

I'll start with group 8 in no particular order:

Danielle/Labrador Dork, I was amazed at how many layers you got on the ATC for a 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 work area - incredible dimension and design and the twine and button embellishments were perfect finishing touches - love it!!

Claudia/Cloudia, I cannot remember where I saw this stamp, but I remember thinking that I really wanted it - and I love that it's paired with a sentiment to dance and dance she does with your make it move technique!!. The coloring and shading is gorgeous - what did you use for that? Wonderful details, too.

AJMac/Tamara, Your shaped cupcake looks good enough to eat!! So much detail and I love all of the shine - was that accomplished with embossing? Even had embossed lines on the cupcake base that made it really look like folded paper. Plus a cherry on top and a sitting on a lovely doily with a flower - just terrific.

Joyce/Jmaraul, I don't know where to begin. The embossed coffee filter background is gorgeous ! I am going to have to look up how to do this technique - I cannot figure it out - how did you get the text in the background? And what did you use to color the background? I can't believe it's a coffee filter - it feels like velvet (you know I had to rub all over it LOL). Then the beaded, folded felt with moss based onto a real stick (is that stick from you pergola?) - it truly looks like a moss taken from the woodlands - just beautiful. ANd then the dimensional butterfly embellishments that carry on the theme of the embossed butterflies that are in the background - just beautiful and with glitter bodies - wow!!! The card says 'believe' and I believe you have really outdone yourself, Joyce - incredible.

Group 13 in no particular order:
Joyce/Jmaraul, An acetate window indeed!! What a clever way to get the window dimension. Wonderful watercolor background (is this the coffee filter technique?? I love it !!) with flowers and beaded centers and 3-dimensional little butterflies that 'soar' like the card says. And all of these behind a 3-d acetate window that 'floats' over but not touching all the 3-d elements - how did you do that?? And the window is boardered by a decorative strip at the top and a pretty ribbon along the bottom. Fabulous

Janice/jabauer, Oh My Gosh !!!! An ATC-sized crown, bejeweled and glitzed and embroidered, yes I said embroidered, with 'Queen Of Inkland' in large and glorious letters across the full face of the glorious crown. How cool is this??? I will cherish this, Janice, you can bet

Paulette/Parknslide, This has got to be one of the most glamorous penguins I've ever seen! I love glitz and this guy (or gal) is standing on a beach of fabulous glitter over an artic blue snowflake-embossed background. And I love the penguin stamp with all of the dot patterns and I especially like the dot border around the image - whose stamp is this? Love the image. And the penguin has an awesome glittered scarf in pinkish red that really pops....and all of this topped with a pretty snowflake metal embellishment - TERRIFIC !!

You guys have REALLY REALLY REALLY raised the bar. I am going back to the drawing board for PAT25 and am gonna have to think long and hard to come up with anything that can remotely touch what you guys have created for PAT24 WOWOWOWOWOW

</gushing>
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!