View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #336
Ksnurse
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

We're throwing a Valentine's Day party for Sara and Leavie, who are so in love. According to her Daughter Nancy nwilliams6:

She loves cows - especially red Angus and especially her favorite bull she calls Little Archie (he is her baby although he is up to about 700-800 lbs now). She loves flowers too - plants tons of them all over her front porch, in barrels in the back yard, and in a little garden she has on the side of her house. And she loves puzzles - watches wheel of fortune every time it comes on, does crossword puzzles, and puts jigsaw puzzles together too.

Sara Hodge just turned 77 but looks a lot younger. She married my step-dad, Leavie, 4 years ago. THey are so in love - he is wonderful and I consider him to be my father. Leavie is my best friend's dad and my next door neighbor so when they got married, my best friend became my sister and my Mom became my next door neighbor.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer about 5 yrs ago and had chemo and radiation treatments. They have watched her closely so it was a shock wheShe had breast cancer about 5 years ago and had a mastectomy and n they discovered the first tumor in the same spot as her mastectomy. It has spread to all the bones in her upper body - but most spots are small and the largest tumor is in her shoulder blade. THey are trying hormone blockers, bone strengtheners and iron. They say it looks promising so far. If it doesn't work they will do chemo next. At first she told me she wouldn't do the treatments but I think she has tried her mind. She also has COPD and does breathing treatments during the day and before bed.

She has such a sweet spirit, loves everyone, has a great attitude through all this, and laughs all the time. She is a smart cookie too. Qualified for Mensa (wish I had inherited that), worked as a labor relations officer for the Air Force civilian personnel department, and also helped several bases correct discrimination problems. If you can't tell, I am so proud of this lady!!!

Sara Hodge
126 Bond Rd
Deatsville, AL. 36022

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge

Last edited by Ksnurse; 02-11-2013 at 01:46 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!