View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrollstamper View Post
I buy ribbon like it's going out of style. I love it. I buy 3/8 & 5/8 and 1" wide. Stitched, non stitched, gorsgrain, organza... ahhh I'm in heaven.
What is your favorite ribbon type to use and why? I find that I can't tie a knot in my 5/8" to lay flat and my knot always seems a bit chunky on my 3/8". am I tying it too tight? Should I be adding adheasive under it so it doesn't unravel? I want to use it properly.
I often use glue dots on ribbon. Have you tried that? After wasting money on some "bargain" ribbon, I discovered that cheap isn't always a good thing. I really like ribbon to have some body so that it will tie and fold well. I also like any print to be double sided. I do occasionally buy some from the big box stores, but I prefer SU because it is always good quality and the colors match my papers and inks. Close to My Heart and some of the other main line companies make great ribbon too. Many of the main line companies have good quality ribbon, like Close to My Heart, A Muse Studio, My Favorite things or in the box stores Offray ribbon.

Last edited by sc magnolia; 02-06-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!