View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #3443
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Irrelephant!!!!

I LOVE it!!! Please thank YDS for me. Tee hee!

It's been a crazy week. We're getting settled in our new building. It's corporate HQ, so full of teeny women in Ann Taylor wardrobes with perfect hair and dudes in suits and ties. We don't have cubes any more, just desks, so I feel like a giant free range chicken sitting out in the open. Can you tell I miss my old window cube with its nice walls?

It's a very weird atmosphere--a cross between a funeral home (with no walls, everyone on the floor is very quiet) and Grand Central Station (you have to walk through our area to get through the exec offices so lots of bigwigs walking up and down the aisle next to our desks having very LOUD conversations because we're all basically furniture). I finally brought my iPod in and I'm dealing by listening to the Grateful Dead and John Denver all day while I solve problems for the Man.

Oh, and still wearing clogs to work. Sorry, but if I'm in khaki slacks, a silk shirt, and nice silver jewelry, the Ann Taylor crew can suck it. I'm not loving it but I still like the part where going in every day enables me to continue living indoors and buy kibble for everyone so I'll deal.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!