View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #91
mollymoo951
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightdays View Post
Feeling stuck with giving away the cropper hopper. I had the idea that I could just let the children use the paper and stickers in there. Then it seems like a waste of all that really good scrapbooking stuff to just leave it for play.

Then I read todays clutter email from FLYlady and just want to get rid of it. I am so confused.
If the kids want the paper & stickers, let them have it!

If they don't want it, let it go.

The trick is...NEXT TIME you are shopping for craft supplies, you remember this...stop & think. Do I need it? Will I use it? Do I have something similar?

Take a lesson from it and moo've along.

It's hard...and so easy to get confused. I know...but I've also noticed that I try to be more mindful of my purchases. It's a work in progress!

One thing I do with excess craft stuff I get conflicted about tossing, I put them in a ream of paper box...date the box...take it to my shop. And if I haven't opened the box in one year...toss it all in the trash. Trust me. If you ain't went back to that box and gotten anything out within the year...you don't need it.

Misti horrified us. The day she said she went to the garage & saw a box of stuff that was not unpacked from their previous move...she chucked the box in the trash, without even cutting open the tape! augh! Sure did. whoo. It had been a couple of years...that box sat unopened in the garage.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!