Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart adhesives

Hi Stampers

I am having trouble with adhesives. The glue runner looks so easy in the tutorials but it is hard for me with the use of only one hand. Any suggestions that might help me? Sincerely onehanded
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, scor tape might work for you-- it is a double sided adhesive that can be torn or cut with scissors. Comes in multiple widths. If you have zero use of your other hand, you could probably hold the roll in between your knees and peel the tape back and tear it, or probably even work with it on its side on the desk, though it is occasionally a bit of a pain to pull off the backing. The downside is that the adhesive is very strong so you will only get one chance to put your item down.

I also like tombow mono liquid adhesive in the green and white bottle. I have a little time from putting it on to adhere my pieces. Also, it just dries to repositionable so even if it takes you a bit of time to flip it over, it should still stick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by onehandedView Post
Hi Stampers

I am having trouble with adhesives. The glue runner looks so easy in the tutorials but it is hard for me with the use of only one hand. Any suggestions that might help me? Sincerely onehanded
Jean, I think the Tombow liquid adhesive would be easier for you to manage. You don't need to use much, just a few dots/thin lines along the edge of whatever you want to stick down. If you could stablize your bottom piece somehow, I think you could easily manage to apply it with one hand.

I have intended to send you a package of goodies since I saw an earlier post of yours. I saved your address, and I promise to get some things in the mail by Monday, and I will include a bottle of the Tombow. I buy it in 12-packs from the internet, so I have one to spare.

I am inspired by your wonderful attitude and desire to be creative in spite of stumbling blocks in your way. Watch the mail.

Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I definitely think the Tombow liquid adhesive would be a great option. I love that you have a few seconds to adjust things before they stick permanently, so there's a little bit of "wiggle room" when you are adhering things. In fact, even though I have an ATG, I find myself reaching for the Tombow Mono Multi rather frequently. I hope it works well for you!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm guessing the problem with the glue runner is that the paper shifts as soon as the runner comes into contact with it? I agree with the others that a liquid adhesive might be easier but if you have the runner and want to try to make it work for you, you could try something to keep the paper in place before you start the line of adhesive with the runner - a clamp on the edge of the desk might work (a G clamp from the garage or a big bulldog clip for example) or a heavy but small object such as a paperweight.

Good luck finding a solution that works for you.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I was thinking that if you had a large clipboard and put some non-skid "feet" on the underside of it, maybe it would hold onto stuff better for you.
I do have to say that you are definitely an inspiration. I'm glad sweet Bugga is sending you the Tombow and I bet that will work great for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Dear Bugga Thanks for coming to my aid. Stuff shifting is a big problem for me. Everything has to be taped or weighted. I have used double stick tape but lose the end and drop it a lot.One dear CNA keeps telling me the charm of homemade cards is seeing things off center. Everyone is so nice at Splitcoast and I am learning a lot. Write again and tell me about yourself. Onehanded
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Hi I will try the large clipboard with feet. I think I might be close to you as I live in Maine. Have a nice weekend. Onehanded

i
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

DearFairsinger Thanks for your responce I will try that adhesive. Checked your Gallery and like your valentines especially the cork and calkboard one. At Christmas I made a gingerbread boy out of sandpaper but want to try it again using cork. I attached him to the card stock with two paper fasteners that served as buttons then put yarn around his neck for a scarf. Happy card making. Onehanded

(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Dear Skynacho Thanks for helping me. I watched a tutorial on Scor tape and think it just might help me. I am really enjoying card making and learning to stamp. Wiil let you know how I make out. Sincerely Onehanded
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Default tape dispenser

If you decide on ScorTape, a tape dispenser like the Scotch� Heavy-Duty Tape Dispenser might be useful. It's pricey but it provides a stable base for tearing off tape.

Hope your find something that works well for you.
Dean
Reply With Quote Likes