View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #52
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingkwilter View Post
Count me in! I decluttered loads when I moved down here because I knew I was downsizing. I will be downsizing again when I move in late fall so more must go. I did get rid of most of my old quilting magazines last week at quilt show time for more to go. I've been saying for years I need to learn how to do e-bay. Not sure why it scares me so much....I need to get over that because the $'s would sure help also. Maybe my fear is no one will bid on anything I post and that would be confirmation that what I have really is just junk!

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne. I understand what you're saying about the confirmation of it being junk. But think about it this way. You knew you were going to get rid of it anyway. Post it on e-bay (I promise it isn't as hard as it sounds. I was quite scared of it myself but I am able to do it and so can you). Decide what you're going to do with it before you post it, if it doesn't sell then do what you decided. The extra $'s are just that. I have some things I need to post and have decided if they do not sell I am going to take them to GoodWill or Salvation Army but they are leaving the house. The only advise I would share about ebay is make sure how much your items weigh and the postage before you post them. The first time I sold things on ebay I did not do that and wound up barely breaking even because of postage. If you have magazines or books you'd like to sell you can use media rates which are the cheapest, though they take a few extra days. You can weigh your items and go to the US Postal service website to see how to price the postage.

Good luck!!!