View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #38
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
those who have machines, what do you find you use it mostly for? i can see where cutting multiplies of the same file, where it would be very useful. but it seems very labor intensive to cut out one stamped image.
I am a power user. I use my machines to cut fabric for quilting. Make vinyl decals for cars. I have a lot of muscle car guy friends who really depend on me for that. I make customized masks, stencils & templates. I cut those out in acetate. I have cut polymer clay with my machines. I make stain glass pattern pieces. I have cut balsa wood on my machines. I put pens and markers in my machines to make my own digi images. I have made stickers, temporary tattoos. I keep going on. I use my machines for everything. If I can think it I will do it.

The one thing I hardly do with my machines is make frames for my stamp images. I do paper craft with my machines. I do a lot of paper piecing. For some reason I just find it easier to fussy cut a lot of my items. I do agree it can be labor intensive for one stamp image. A lot of times fussy cutting fits something better than die cutting. It's not unusual for me to die cut and fussy cut several elements on one project.

I do use my machines to make my own embellishments like custom flowers, Jolee's embellishments, Thickers. I have even made clear stamps and my own "veneers".

My husband has used the machines to emboss on leather creations and etch some metal designs.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!