View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #37
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkluvs2scrap View Post
Ok, I am jumping in here....lol...I have had a Cricut Expression for many years, and quite honestly I don't want to have to continue to buy Cartridges...so, that said, I am looking at making my own Chipboard albums...the shaped ones, the ones that "nest" images, etc...I need a cutter that could cut chipboard, is EASY to use and to learn to use and that is compatible with MTC software...I also DO NOT want to spend more than $300 for a cutter right now...being recently widowed with 5 children AND losing ALL of my "consumable" scrapbook supplies, I have a lot I am dealing with...lol...so- ease of use, cost,MTC compatibility, and ability to cut chipboard for albums...is there ANY that would work for me that you would recommend?
I am sorry kmk. Hugs to you and your children. Can you try to save up another $100 for a Zing? I think that would be your best cutter for you. You already use MTC. I could recommend other cutters that might fall in a cheaper range than the Zing. You won't have the stress of learning a new software. KNK has lots of videos. Andy has lots of KNK videos too on the MTC forum. The girls over at the MTC forum might know where you can get a cheaper Zing too. The Zing cuts at 750 gsm. You will be able to cut through chipboard like butter with that kind of pressure. Zing is the official cutter for MTC so that's why I recommend it. Most of the cutters on the market do work with MTC. I think with the Zing easing into it will be easier.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!