Thread: The Quackers!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #18374
Shell
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
I was catching up....problem of no internet for over 12 hours and not home. I saw this about Jaydin. Is hers above her teeth or under her tongue. I'll be thinking about her. I had it done when I was about 4 or so....it was the under the tongue. No problems after the surgery. I actually remember them doing it. Namely getting to eat ice cream for my meals. I thought that was quite special! Then we moved from VA to CA. I had to go to a speech teacher for a few months. Gosh...I hadn't thought of that in years!!!! Well, you certainly wouldn't know it today that I had some speech issues!!! LOL

Actually, she has both. The one they are clipping on the 11th is under her tongue. We're trying to get her teeth fixed, but the tongue is making it where she pushes her teeth out, and that can't be fixed without freeing her tongue. I hate it because we've always thought of her unique tongue as a 'fingerprint of God.' The doctor, however, pointed out that it's attached at the gum in a way that it will, eventually, pull the gum from the teeth and she could lose those teeth. So, this is the best for her. She has no .... NO ... speech issues. She never shuts up and is completely understood by everyone. We've been very blessed with that. We didn't even know that she had the issue until about 3 years ago when I tried to get her to touch her tongue to the tip of her nose.

She will have to have the one above her top teeth done later, but the orthodontist wants to wait a while for that.

It's really good to hear that you had no issues from yours. Jaydin certainly is looking forward to all of the ice cream and milkshakes.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!